Author Topic: Add "Volume Leveling" to the list of auto-playlist rules / filters.  (Read 2067 times)

edcase

Hey, the rule list for the auto-playlist is fantastic and very extensive, but i can't seem to find a way to filter the volume levelled tracks with it. Just a small request hopefully to add it or track gain etc to the list.

In the meantime I can just make a full playlist and add the "track gain" column and sort by that i guess, as i intend to remove most cases of of the levelling. Thanks for the consideration and for this amazing program!

hiccup

If you mean that you only want to have tracks that contain a track-gain tag in your playlist, you can create a virtual tag that e.g. shows a '1' for the tracks that have a ReplayGain tag, and a '0' for the ones that don't, and then use that virtual tag for your playlist.

Zak

• Global Moderator
If you want it to find tracks that haven't been analysed, you can also use:

Tools > Tagging Tools > Other 'Files to Edit' Filters > Show Files with no Volumn Analysis

And yes, that probably should be easier to find.
Bee excellent to each other...

edcase

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

Boroda, yes this would of been helpful, had i known of the option. Other devices still may use the replay gain info though.

"Edit > Preferences > Player > Normalise volume of tracks with replay gain tags"

Hiccup, yes that was my intention just to find all effected files to adjust from one location. virtual tags do allow for filtering "track gain" and i could of made that to make a playlist. Useful for future hunting down of gain adjusted files.

Zak, ha that is buried! Actually it is the opposite of what i was attempting but would allow me to custom tag or flag these, still that's a nice list of things in "Files to Edit" that i didn't realise had a built in option to surface.

In the end [before seeing these replies] i just made a playlist of my library and inbox, added "Track Gain" as a displayed field then sorted by it, selected all effected files and ran restore original volume. It was about 2k+ of tracks affected and was simple enough to do.

Imo all of these solutions [including mine] are a bit of a work around considering the auto-playlist feature allows for almost all metrics to be considered and it's available as a choice when creating custom tags. I still think my suggestion stands as fair [as it seems relatively simple, but i may be wrong].

Out of curiosity the function is referred to in 3 different ways if i'm not mistaken "Volume Leveling" in track properties, "Replay Gain" in some preferences and as "Track Gain" in fields. I can imagine confusion for some users [myself included] if they all all relate to the same setting. Thanks again people, once again such minor nitpicks from me. Cheers =]

phred

• Global Moderator
You can also create a highlighting rule (Preferences > Tags (2) > tag handling > highlighting > define rules
and use the rule 'TrackGain is null." Assign a color and all tracks without volume leveling will show in the assigned color.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here