Author Topic: Techniques for managing high res and low res content at the same time?  (Read 1055 times)

basementjack

I wonder what techniques others have used to manage mixed libraries where some of the content is lossless (wave, Flac) and some is lossy (mp3)?

I can keep two sets of folders (one for lossless and one for MP3) - If I add both folders to musicbee, is there an easy way to filter one or the other or both?

Most of the time I just want to listen to lossless, but I made the mistake of buying a number of things on itunes over the years, and I'd love a way to optionally bring those in to music bee from time to time but also be able to keep them out of rotation for things like the DJ and shuffle mode.

If you've dealt with this, please share any advice you can!

Thanks!

- Jack

frankz

basementjack

Thanks Frank, my mistake, I was on questions and looked through a few pages, then before posting though I'd check out the user advice and tips to see if I could find something there - forgot to switch back before hitting that new post button, I see it's been moved to the correct place now.

basementjack

this is great!

For the benefit of others who might find this question I wanted to add some detail.

"Filters" are kind of hidden in musicbee, they aren't in the menu and they aren't in preferences.

On the main music bee screen, you get to them by right clicking on "music" under "library" BUT - even that is often hidden in musicbee!

I've found it really helpful to enable a setting in perferences that puts a little button for showing or hiding the library sidebar - you can find this under preferences->Layout(1)->scroll down to the "Bottom Panel" section then check "Status bar: Show buttons (open/ close sidebar panels)" with that you'll see two very tiny buttons at the bottom of musicBee's main window, click the one on the left to show the Library screen then right click on music to get the filters menu.

I made a filter with "Kind" "Is any of" and then checked FLAC and Wave.

Hope this helps someone.