Author Topic: Why only Windows store version can see my network shares?  (Read 1519 times)

Ansem

Hi,
I wanted to ask why if I use the Windows Store version MB can detect my disk Z and Y that are network shares, while the normal version can not.
I wanted to use the normal version so that I could install skins and plugins :(

phred

• Global Moderator
I find what you say odd at best. If anything I would've expected the opposite.

That being said, I've been using the Installer and the Portable versions for more than nine years. I have always had my music files on a NAS which is mapped as Z: and have never had a problem such as yours.

I suggest giving the portable version a try and see if that helps. Just be sure -not- to put it in a Windows UAC directory. Use something like d:\MusicBee.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Ansem

I was really surprised too! I just installed MB in the default directory and then tried to add the folder.
This is what I have if I use MB from Windows store:

https://imgur.com/wUF6hup

This is if I install it normally:

https://imgur.com/RBk9ucF

I'm not sure why I have this issue :( After that I don't get how to change the library folder in the library section since it ask for an empty/new folder

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I have a network share set up in the regular version, but I can't for the life of me figure out right now how I made it work.  I might have just pasted the path in somewhere.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Ansem

I made it after enabling network share. Not shure why I could access to shared folder with WS version :/

I love MB, but the settings are really complicated xD

CrucialTaunt

I'm seeing this exact same issue.  If I install the Windows Store version, I can see my mapped drive letters just fine but the standalone version doesn't see them at all.

phred

• Global Moderator
but the standalone version doesn't see them at all.
Are you using the portable or the installer version?
If the portable, it should be installed -outside- of the Windows controlled directories, such as c:\users\...
I suggest putting it on an entirely different partition if you have one. Otherwise put it in C:|MusicBee.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here