Author Topic: Favorite artists query  (Read 2730 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
@ninjaman81
That report also crashes for me. :(

I know boroda is making some changes to the Library Reports as I was also having some errors.

Posting the error report in the Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools plugin thread would probably help boroda fix any problems
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

tjinc

Possible alternative method (if required):

VirtualX: $If(<Love>="L",1,0)
   VirtualY: $Sum(<VirtualX>,<Album Artist>)

And then configure an auto-playlist with criterion:
   <VirtualY> 'is greater than' 5

Edit 07/01/24:
Typo corrected (<Love> was <Loved>)
In order to enable the arithmetic comparators in the auto-playlist ('is greater than', 'is less than' etc), you may need to set the 'type' of <VirtualY> to 'Number' (Preferences > Tags (2) > Configure Fields)
Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 06:52:13 PM by tjinc

ninjaman81

Amazing! Thank you @tjinc. That is a much more elegant way to accomplish this and I don't even need the plugin.

This worked perfectly. Thank you so much!

boroda

i haven't coded for some time. Now, i'm going to fix various issues with the plugin. be patient and follow the plugin topic. i'll post an updated version in a few days.

ninjaman81

I got this to work by doing the following (the recommended code above used Loved instead of Love, which is the correct variable):

Virtual1: $If(<Love>="L",1,0)
Virtual2: $Sum(<Virtual1>,<Album Artist>)

And then configure an auto-playlist with this criterion:
   <Virtual2> match RegEx   [5-9]\d*|\d{2,}

I had to use RegEx because the dropdown in Musicbee didn't give me the option to use "Greater than". Which seems kind of stupid, so I was forced to use the RegEx and ChatGPT to help me with that nonsense (it looks like Greek to me, but that code says anything greater than 4). So now I have it working. If I heart/love more than 4 songs of an Album Artist, it will appear in my auto playlist. Awesome!

tjinc

This worked perfectly. Thank you so much!
Not so perfectly it seems!

Thanks for pointing this out - I have edited my previous post to correct my typo and added a note on how to enable the arithmetic comparators for the auto-playlist.