Author Topic: FREE Accessibility Tools and Training for Developers  (Read 10196 times)

VX

The Windows Club reports that:
Microsoft has released its Accessibility Tools & Training package of free online accessibility training courses, tools and other resources to help developers worldwide create technology products, services and websites that are accessible to people with disabilities.

The seven training courses that Microsoft has developed covers a general overview course suitable to both technical and nontechnical audiences, a development overview course, and five courses covering the Windows platform technology, including Windows Forms and the Windows Presentation Foundation.

The free tools and resource guide can be downloaded from the Microsoft Developer Center website.

I believe the courses could help plugin Developers to create projects that meet the disabled needs.
Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 04:37:18 PM by VX

ferongr

It's mostly unrelated with actual application development, and more into designing accessible designs and interfaces. And it's nothing that a hobbyist can do by himself, and it does not really apply to Musibee in anyway.

VX

If you find it useless, feel free to delete it.

But if only one Developer or Designer took advantage of it of benefit to people with disabilities, it's worth to mention  :)

I hope you enjoy good health and the problem is not applicable to you.

ferongr

It's not worth mentioning in the API section, since it does not contribute to development with it. On that spirit, maybe I should start posting everytime a new release Visual Studio comes out, or .net security advisories. And I shouldn't do that.

Vinyl Wiper

Thanks for the link, VX. It's a pity some designers don't know some of the factors and skills needed when selecting colours and bitmap images. This is really important to know, although I'm sure there are other resources available to help out outside of MS (like colour managment sites, graphics design tutes, etc). But I appreciate the link.
-Pete
Development Manager
Audiography