Author Topic: Playlist Mixer issue  (Read 2359 times)

ProfessorMarvel

My wife has been using the same MusicBee playlist mixers for almost 10 years. MusicBee is the best player out there and the mixer is such an amazing feature! However, after a recent update, there now seems to be an issue with the mixers.

When using the "Last Played" rule in a mixer (she has Last played is not in the last day), it chooses the same songs/tracks multiple times as it builds the queue (after the first few iterations). As you play for any length of time (1 hr or more) you hear repeats that no longer obey the "Last Played" rule. ie songs that played only 20 mins ago are played again!

Hopefully you can test this and help find a fix. Thanks!

Steven

• Administrator
can you post a screenshot of the rules used for the mixer

ProfessorMarvel

Here is one of the mixers. It is set to 3 months instead of 1 day, but the same issue still happens

Steven

• Administrator
I am not able to reproduce this issue. However, I can think of one thing - could you close MusicBee and then delete the following file:
MusicBeeLibrary.pfidx
which is located in the root Music\MusicBee folder
On restart it will get recreated

ProfessorMarvel

Ok, we'll try it. Thanks for such a quick response!

Edit: The fix worked - thanks so much!  I guess the file was corrupted somehow.
Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 08:51:33 PM by ProfessorMarvel

ProfessorMarvel

Sorry to bother you again on this Steven, but my wife is having the same issues again. I went to find the file you said to delete last time (you mentioned that MusicBee would re-create the file), but it is not in the folder. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Steven

• Administrator
MusicBee cant operate playlists without the MusicBeeLibrary.pfidx file, so you must be looking in the wrong folder.
Its in the root folder of your music library - other files that will exist in that folder include MusicBeeLibrary.mbl
Also make sure you are using the latest version from the downloads page

Anoushka

Hello,
I have the same problem.

I have a playlist made by playlist mixer:
Display using view: Track Details.
Gap before same artist can repeat: 4
Play Sequence: Play each criteria in sequence.
1. criteria: Rating is 4, last played not in the last 10h from Playlist World. Track count 3.
2. criteria: Rating >4, last played not in the last 3h, Genre contains World. Track count 1.

I have about 200 tracks rated 4, but only 14 which are rated 4,5 or 5. So with the 14 high rated tracks I recognise it very well, when one of them is repeated after less than 3 hours.

It works fine, but...
The day before yesterday I wondered "didn't I hear this song just half an hour ago??", yesterday the same. So I looked in this forum and found this post. I deleted the MusicBeeLibrary.pfidx file, started Musicbee again, the file was created again- and then the problem happened again.
Today I made the definite test:
Every few seconds I hit the "play next"-button. And again the problem happened: Just after 2 minutes (12 tracks) it played one high rated song again.

A bug?

Maybe there could be a better solution possible for my wish? My wish is:
Ideally these high rated tracks are played in the sorting "play the most rarely played track at first", means f.e.
1.-3. track A, B, C, all rated 4
4. track D, rated 4,5-5, play count 0
5.-7. track E, F, G, all rated 4
8. track H, rated 4,5-5, play count 1
9.-11. track I, J, K, all rated 4
12. track H, rated 4,5-5, play count 2
and so on...

But I cannot find out, how to sort (by play count) the tracks in the 2. criteria...

Please help...
Thanks a lot, Anoushka
Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 11:29:45 PM by Anoushka

Anoushka

Happy new year to all!

Hello @Steven ,
could you please answer me to that problem?
In the last days it appeared again and again, so the problem is still there.
I assume, that something in the background doesn't actualize.

Or does somebody have another suggestion, how I could achieve my wish?
Maybe there could be a better solution possible for my wish? My wish is:
Ideally these high rated tracks are played in the sorting "play the most rarely played track at first", means f.e.
1.-3. track A, B, C, all rated 4
4. track D, rated 4,5-5, play count 0
5.-7. track E, F, G, all rated 4
8. track H, rated 4,5-5, play count 1
9.-11. track I, J, K, all rated 4
12. track H, rated 4,5-5, play count 2
and so on...

But I cannot find out, how to sort (by play count) the tracks in the 2. criteria...

Thank you!
Anoushka

The Incredible Boom Boom

I may be reading your post incorrectly and you might currently have your Playlist Mixers set up this way, but try making two Auto-Playlists, defined by criteria one and two, then combining them with a Playlist Mixer. Let us know the results then.