Author Topic: Artwork View and selection  (Read 5462 times)

Sarge

Artwork view is probably my favorite view, but at the same time it's my least used view.
More times than not when I use that view..my natural habit is to always click on the Album Art..and it loads the whole album and I'm constantly picking tracks back out of the playlist because I really only wanted 1 maybe 2 choices from that album.

I know you can single click the Text below the art and get the pop-up box of all the tracks in that album. but even knowing that it seems the natural reaction is to click on the picture 1st.

My wish is that the 2 feature could be reversed..and by a single click on the Album we would get the pop -up. and could also do away with the "play now" thingy that covers the artwork

and do away with the windows (system mouse-over) pop up bubble (not needed)
Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 01:04:52 PM by Sarge

Steven

• Administrator
have you checked out the configuration which shows the tracks at the bottom of the panel?
right click on the header bar of the main panel/ Configure Layout
and tick "show album tracks at the bottom of the panel"
that way you always see the tracks for the selected album

having the tooltip when you hover over the text allow people to quickly see the tracks in an album. I guess it could be disabled in the above config

Sarge

I never noticed that configuration tick box, thanks...that is better.

I think i need to set my mouse click speed down, because too many times..my single click must be a double, causing it to load the whole album.

thanks

Steven

• Administrator
in this config, double click plays the album

Sarge

this works for me..i just noticed the double click.

I wish no more..end of this wish..thanks

phred

• Global Moderator
WHOA!!!  I never noticed that configuration option either.  This is great!!!

Steven - is this relatively new?  I've been using MB since April of 09 and never noticed this. 
I wonder what else I'm missing?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

VX

have you checked out the configuration which shows the tracks at the bottom of the panel?
right click on the header bar of the main panel/ Configure Layout
and tick "show album tracks at the bottom of the panel"
that way you always see the tracks for the selected album

This is great. Yet another extra feature that I was not familiar with.

I'm positively surprised, but what about moving ALL config options into the PREFERENCES menu  ??? I'm always having problems with finding such a small and useful layout configuration options that are accessible form different places of the app: 'I must have seen it ??? But where it is  ???' - I've seen a lot of such posts on the forum.

IMHO, MusicBee Preferences should be redesigned to cover all the options accessible form different places of the program. I like the way it's solved in Quintessential Media Player or AIMP3. In fact, MusicBee could be even better at that, if tabbed configuration options were used more often. Have a look:

Similar solution is used in Preferences/ Devices submenu only. I'm sure tabs would be helpful to simplify and clean current Preferences options and create much more user-friendly GUI that covers all configuration options in one place for better accessibility.

Thanks for considering  :)

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
Agree to above post. +1 for WMP inspired settings
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

phred

• Global Moderator
+1, +1, +1
If for no other reason than, as VX said, everything is in one place.  I don't know if I ever would've noticed this new config layout for the artwork view had Sarge not brought it up at the beginning of this thread.  And VX's comment "I know I've seen it but I can't remember where" rights very true.
+1, +1, +1
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
the layout options are referenced from the Layout tab on the preferences screen. I know some are referenced via a button on that  opens another screen. If you find any cant be accessed from that tab please let me know.
I'm not going to put everything directly on the Preferences panel as there are far to many settings.

phred, in your example it can be accessed from the "Configure File Views" button
Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 07:23:23 AM by Steven