Author Topic: How to ad hoc add folders to my android device?  (Read 586 times)

MickeyVee

For the record, I've search and searched for the answer to the following question.  I know the MusicBee Gods will help me out...

I used to use iTunes with an iTouch.  I would start with an empty library in iTunes. Then, I would add my selected music (volume of individual folders =1GB-30GB) .  Finally, I would drag the newly-assembled library to my iTouch device and it would add all that music to my device.  How can I do this with MusicBee and my android?  I don't sync folders...I just manually add and remove music ad hoc.  Thanks for your advice1   8)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Have looked through this page? https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Devices

I don't completely follow what you're describing, but you can add and remove anything on the fly, or if you want to do your syncing in one go you could make a playlist that you sync from, and add or remove tracks from that.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

smann

Sounds like you're just manually copying all of the files in your library over by simply dragging them to the folder you want them to go to on your iTouch device. You could manually just copy the folders over in file explorer. But if your folders are spread all over, this could be a pain.

To do this with MB and Android, do the following...

1) Setup your library in MB.
2) Plug in your Android device and make sure to unlock it so you can actually access it.
3) Go to the folder you want on your Android device in file explorer.
4) In MB, click Ctrl + A to select all songs
5) Left-click and hold and drag the selected songs over to the folder on your Android device.

MickeyVee

psychoadept & smann, thanks for the help.  Yes, using File Explorer to move randon folders of Flac music takes forever!  smann, I'll try what you prescribed.  Thanks again! 8)

MickeyVee

smann, how do I do this for many different folders of music at one time?