Author Topic: Issue with mp4creator codec / TAG edition  (Read 1527 times)

billouparis

OK, I parsed the topic dealing with this issue: "Validation failed after attempting to save the file - the changes have not been saved." for months, with no real answer.
I tried almost anything, including permissions rights, without any luck.
Finally could dig deeper into the issue and here is my conclusion:
m4a/aac files created with mp4creator codec v1.4.15 are not supported in musicBee tool.
It makes them invalid in the library, in the sense that I cannot edit any tag. So they usually appear with no artist/album info, although the title seems to be Ok.
Since I create playlists based on tags, these files can never be added to my playlists at all, nor sync with my Android device.
Questions:
- Can we imagine a kind of plugin that would make these files valid in musicBee, in terms of tag changes? The files are correctly handled with mp3Tag v2.98 tool for example...
- What tool could I use to recode the tag used in these files to make them valid for musicBee? Is there a way without reencoding them, and losing quality into another aac format?

Thank you for your suggestions!

Bill

Steven

• Administrator
can you send me a link to a zip of one or two of the problem files

billouparis

Hello, Yes I could, I just don't know how?
Got an email address?

By the way, I just found a WO.
Convert back from m4a to aac, and insert aac directly in musicBee seems to be working.
For the conversion I used ffmpeg :
example:
ffmpeg -i "Even In The Darkest Hour.m4a"  -map_metadata 0 -write_id3v2 1 -acodec copy "Even in the darkest hour.aac"

Regards,
Bill
Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 05:58:35 PM by billouparis

Steven

• Administrator
upload anywhere that has a free account eg. dropbox.com, mediafire.com etc

Steven

• Administrator
Thanks for sending the file. I can reproduce the issue but it might take some time to figure out whats going wrong

billouparis

In the meantime I used ffmpeg to stream copy them to aac keeping the tags, and seems ok for now :p
It was so annoying for months ^^
Regards,
Bill

Steven

• Administrator
This should fix the issue:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

For files already in your library, right click/ Send To/ Rescan Files - you should find the existing tags are now detected

billouparis

Wow! Thank you !
I have some other issues with some files, will check if this patch solved them,
thanks again!
Bill