Author Topic: How to just blacklist a folder?  (Read 1241 times)

haggers

Not a major problem, just a query.

All of my library is in one folder with subfolders i.e. Music>*Artist*>*Album*>*Tracks*. However I have one folder of loose tracks which I need in this Music folder, but I don't want it added to my library. Other than using a filter to just hide the tracks from my library, is there any way of making Musicbee skip the folder entirely on both automatic and manual scans?

P.S. to be clear, selecting every folder except that one in the "Choose folders..." prompt won't work for me here, because I'm constantly adding new folders and subfolders, and so I'd have to reopen the prompt each time to check off the new folders.

Cheers :)

hiccup

Sorry, not an answer to your question.
(I am thinking about perhaps using symbolic links, but my head starts hurting even only when trying to come up with a specific sensible suggestion)

Why not just create a separate folder for the loose stuff, and one for all the rest that you want MB to see?:

Music
> Loose
> MB

And then have MB only scan MB?

haggers

Why not just create a separate folder for the loose stuff, and one for all the rest that you want MB to see?
This is a very fair compromise, and one I've definitely considered. For example I could just move the loose tracks subfolder out of the Music folder entirely and have them elsewhere, problem solved.
But I sort-of was also asking with the hope that the feature was considered for the future, I think having a blacklist could be useful for many people and not just me with my current setup.

boroda

i think this topic must be moved to wishlist board.

+1