Author Topic: 3.2.6902 How to update + Changelog? + BSOD with new version 3.3.7165  (Read 1978 times)

StardustNightwind

Hi. I still have version 3.2.6902. How do I update without uninstalling? I dont want to lose all my settings. Also, where can I read the full changelog for the latest version? I wonder is it necessary for me to update since version 3.2.6902 is working great for me.
Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 01:28:59 AM by StardustNightwind

sveakul

There isn't a full changelog per se, as updates to MB are being done on a near-daily basis.  If you start farther up the thread from where Zak linked you to for the incremental 3.2->3.3 updater, you can read some of the major changes from 3.2 as you scroll downwards:  https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=27074.msg152076#msg152076 .

The changes since 3.2 have been so helpful and major, including updates to the core audio libraries, that whether to update is a no-brainer IMHO.  After you use the incremental updater from where Zak pointed, then apply the latest "almost daily" patch linked to here:  https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip , assuming we're not (hopefully) talking about the "Windows Store" version.

StardustNightwind

There isn't a full changelog per se, as updates to MB are being done on a near-daily basis.  If you start farther up the thread from where Zak linked you to for the incremental 3.2->3.3 updater, you can read some of the major changes from 3.2 as you scroll downwards:  https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=27074.msg152076#msg152076 .

The changes since 3.2 have been so helpful and major, including updates to the core audio libraries, that whether to update is a no-brainer IMHO.  After you use the incremental updater from where Zak pointed, then apply the latest "almost daily" patch linked to here:  https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip , assuming we're not (hopefully) talking about the "Windows Store" version.
So I just installed the new version and I got a random BSOD after 5 minutes of listening to music. This has never happened before to my pc in the past few years. Is there some compatibility issues with windows 10 pro 1607 ?

You guys should really start releasing changelogs on a near-daily basis.

Is there a way I can download the old version please?
Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 01:15:01 AM by StardustNightwind

StardustNightwind

I found the old version! https://musicbee.en.uptodown.com/windows/download

Interesting how you had nothing to say when I needed help to get the old version back. But you were all talk when boasting the new version.
Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 02:00:43 AM by StardustNightwind

phred

• Global Moderator
Interesting how you had nothing to say when I needed help to get the old version back. But you were all talk when boasting the new version.
I suggest you tone it down a little.
Everyone on this forum is a user. There is no here whose job it is to monitor the forum. It's not like sveakul, or any of us, is sitting in front of the computer 24/7 watching the MB forum waiting for an issue to address. No one does that. If you're looking for instant answers, you're in the wrong place. And you certainly won't get replies if you come across with an attitude.

Perhaps you don't know, or understand, that there are no "you guys" here. MB is developed and maintained by one person. Who does this in his spare time, and asks for nothing in return. I don't think anyone expects him to post a change log for every change made in a patch versrion. Change logs are posted when a new release is issued. Not when a patch is posted.
Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 03:54:40 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

StardustNightwind

I suggest you tone it down a little.
Everyone on this forum is a user. There is no here whose job it is to monitor the forum. It's not like sveakul, or any of us, is sitting in front of the computer 24/7 watching the MB forum waiting for an issue to address. No one does that. If you're looking for instant answers, you're in the wrong place. And you certainly won't get replies if you come across with an attitude.

Perhaps you don't know, or understand, that there are no "you guys" here. MB is developed and maintained by one person. Who does this in his spare time, and asks for nothing in return. I don't think anyone expects him to post a change log for every change made in a patch versrion. Change logs are posted when a new release is issued. Not when a patch is posted.
Yes it is indeed expected of you guys to release a full changelog for every patch because you are distributing a free software and not to release a changelog is just plain suspicious.

Then why are you replying if there is no you guys. I dont care how many develop it, I want a proper full changelog every time some suspicious update patch is released. Never seed a dev without full changelogs LOL.

You should acknowledge the issue I had with the new version. Dont ignore it Im not brainwashed like most people in the private corporation called USA. - thats my opinion about the retarded place you live in.
Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 04:09:33 AM by StardustNightwind

StardustNightwind

Oh look, patriot buy stopped responding. You there or did you get deployed mid conversation?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm locking this thread because this is going nowhere. Stardust Nightwind, if you can't be civil you can go elsewhere for support.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)