Author Topic: highlight body text when expanded panel is open  (Read 2743 times)

hiccup

When you open the expanded panel for an album, the border highlighting the album cover disappears, which can make it hard for some skins to see what album the expanded panel pertains to.

Request/suggestion; a new element to colour the body text when the expanded panel is active for that album:

phred

• Global Moderator
While I don't disagree, I think your example is not going to be that common. What does your example look like if you select the album to the right of the one in the screenshot? Do you have 'auto-pick panel colours' enabled? I think your current example is like a 'perfect storm' where the auto-picked colours (based on the album art color) almost match your background.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

While I don't disagree, I think your example is not going to be that common. What does your example look like if you select the album to the right of the one in the screenshot?
Then obviously that one's body text will get highlighted, and the expanded panel will display it's tracks. (maybe I don't understand your question?)

Do you have 'auto-pick panel colours' enabled? I think your current example is like a 'perfect storm' where the auto-picked colours (based on the album art color) almost match your background.

First of all, to be clear, this is a skinning request, not a general change to MusicBee's operation or looks.

Auto-pick colours is off, and I always have it off. (I personally don't like it much)
For many of my (and possibly other's) skins that will result in similar situations as in my screenshot.

phred

• Global Moderator
Then obviously that one's body text will get highlighted, and the expanded panel will display it's tracks. (maybe I don't understand your question?)
Perhaps I didn't quite understand what you're trying to do. But after I turned off 'auto-pick' I can see the issue clearly.

First of all, to be clear, this is a skinning request, not a general change to MusicBee's operation or looks.
+1 for hiccup's suggestion. For me, given the amount of skinning I (don't) do, adding an element for a border around the expanded panel would be sufficient.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

hiccup

+1 for hiccup's suggestion.
For me, given the amount of skinning I (don't) do, adding an element for a border around the expanded panel would be sufficient.

Thanks for supporting the idea.
But I don't think I understand what you mean by 'a border around the expanded panel'.
There already is (can be) a border.

The issue is that the expanded panel doesn't point clearly enough to the pertaining album above it.

There have been a couple of layout suggestions in the past to address this that weren't accepted.
I am hoping this could be a satisfactory solution.

phred

• Global Moderator
But I don't think I understand what you mean by 'a border around the expanded panel'.
There already is (can be) a border.
I assume you mean this can be done via a skinning element, yes?

The issue is that the expanded panel doesn't point clearly enough to the pertaining album above it.
Yes, as shown in your screenshot.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

hiccup

I assume you mean this can be done via a skinning element, yes?

You can already see a border in my screenshot?

If you have some suggestion that I seem to fail to understand, 'please consider adding a screenshot to your post' ;-)

(outtahere for today, later...)