Author Topic: 2 Requests for Updating "Auto Size All Columns" and "Highlighting Rules"  (Read 2054 times)

smann

1) Set Fixed Column Widths When Using "Auto Size All Columns"

When using "Auto Size All Columns" and "Keep Columns Sized to Panel", MB keeps making certain columns too big for my liking and others too small. For example, it makes the artwork huge when in "Album and Tracks" view and takes up a good bit of the screen.

I was wondering if we could implement something where you manually resize the column to how you want it, then right-click on that column and check off something like "Set Fixed Width for Column" and then it would distribute the autosizing throughout the other columns that don't have fixed widths set.

I know displayed fields aren't something that people change often, but it is nice if you are going through your library trying to update specific things and have to keep adding and removing columns, then resizing.

2) Add Text Formatting to "Highlighting Rules" and Make It So It Can Highlight or Format a Specific Display Field Only

Currently you can add an icon/highlighting block or highlight the entire row of text from the highlight rules. It would be nice to include overriding the text format in those rules as well. For example, say I have all the library's text in the regular default font, but I want all the bonus tracks to show up as italicized or bolded font.

It would also be nice to set it only for specific display fields, so basically it could be setup to italicize just the song title if "Title" is selected, and leave the rest of the display fields like artist, album, etc as whatever font the library is set.

boroda

smann

Hmmm I tried doing this as a virtual tag named "Title Formatted"...

$If($Contains(<Title>,"bonus track"),<Title>{font: Segoe UI;Italic;9},<Title>)

...but it still just shows regular font when displaying "Title Formatted". Then again, I'm not the best at the virtual tags, so I may not have it quite right.

hiccup

Hmmm I tried doing this as a virtual tag named "Title Formatted"...

$If($Contains(<Title>,"bonus track"),<Title>{font: Segoe UI;Italic;9},<Title>)

...but it still just shows regular font when displaying "Title Formatted". Then again, I'm not the best at the virtual tags, so I may not have it quite right.

The formatting should precede the tag value:

$If($Contains(<Title>,"bonus track"),{font: Segoe UI;Italic;9}<Title>,<Title>)

smann

The formatting should precede the tag value:

$If($Contains(<Title>,"bonus track"),{font: Segoe UI;Italic;9}<Title>,<Title>)

Well I was at least really close haha. This works! However this does get rid of direct editing of the title in the main panel. Darn, maybe I'll just live with an icon for now since I direct edit often.

So now it's just a request for the first part of my initial post (Ability to set fixed widths to certain columns that can only be changed manually)
Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 09:42:20 PM by smann

hiccup

So now it's just a request for the first part of my initial post (Ability to set fixed widths to certain columns that can only be changed manually)

Could you specify what sort of fields pose problems for you when using auto-sizing?
Is it e.g. specific to only columns that contain dates or numeric values?

smann

Could you specify what sort of fields pose problems for you when using auto-sizing?
Is it e.g. specific to only columns that contain dates or numeric values?

My main column setup is "Artwork and Tracks" view with the Album Artist, Album, Genre Category, Album Duration, and Origin to the right of the artwork. Then it goes Ticked, Highlighting (for now with a small icon), Disc-Track, Title, Time, Genres, Date (a virtual tag I made for forcing the yyyy-mm-dd format), Kind, Sample Rate, Bitrate, Quality, and Lyrics?.

The album artwork generally ends up quite big. I'd like maybe 50-75% of it's size. Also, the text to the right of it always creates a large column that could be shrunk 50%. I tried putting the text below the artwork, but that just made the artwork column huugggeeee haha.

My Lyrics? column gets cut off depending on the other columns so it says "Y [unsynche..." instead of "Y [unsynched]" (This is just more of an annoyance to me)

And I'd just like to shrink the excess space from Time, Date, and Bitrate to gain some more space in Title.

Really, I'd just like to make the album artwork and the text to the right of it smaller fixed widths. I can live with the others. I just think it would be nice to get a little extra control over the autosizing feature since I don't want everything autosized.

hiccup

Really, I'd just like to make the album artwork and the text to the right of it smaller fixed widths. I can live with the others. I just think it would be nice to get a little extra control over the autosizing feature since I don't want everything autosized.

+1