Author Topic: Set default album art of my own choosing  (Read 2982 times)

JenniBee

Hello, I love Music bee!
Just one thing really drives me crazy  ;  I don't want many different and official album art.
I want just one image of my choosing to display at all times. This for the compact as well as the mini player.

Right now I'm setting this image by right clicking in compact player on the album art and "choose picture" but
I have to do this one by one. It's not do-able when you have hundred's of files :(

I noticed the "NoArtwork" command in the skinning guide but the skin I use (Dust Storm) is xmlc, I can not edit it :(

Maybe I'm missing something? Is there a way to do this? Thank you for any help, much appreciated.

I include a picture to demonstrate, this is my musicbee (compact player) and the dandelion picture is
what I want permanently as album art for all my playlistst/files.

Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 02:26:31 PM by JenniBee

sveakul

I noticed the "NoArtwork" command in the skinning guide but the skin I use (Dust Storm) is xmlc, I can not edit it :(

You can edit it "indirectly" and establish a fixed image to be shown in all cases of "No Album Art" by following the guide here (see Example B):

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=22889.msg133926#msg133926

You also need to be sure auto-tagging for artwork is turned off in Prefs/Tags(2).  If you really only want a single image displayed in all cases, you also should go to Tags(1)/artwork storage/set pictures displayed/edit list, and either uncheck everything if you want to default to the "No Artwork" substitute described above, or use the options in the artwork retrieval filter to specify the location and name of a single image file in one specific place to be used for all cases (remember to hit the "Rescan Artwork" button), and use that in the "set which pictures are displayed" box.   That method is actually better, because the Base64 image for "no artwork" decodes slightly less "vibrant" than an actual jpeg/png image file does.
Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 12:19:01 AM by sveakul

JZStudios

Using no actual album art for anything in your library? *shudders* ugh.
Can't you just go to the library and Ctrl+a, shift-enter and drop the picture in the album art there? That's how I do all my album art when I edit it.

captain_paranoia

I never cease to be amazed by (what appear to me) the bizarre requests people make.

But I guess it takes all sorts...

I also never cease to be amazed at how most of these requests can usually be accommodated by some torturing of MusicBee settings...

JenniBee

Thank you for the reply's

It's just that I don't give a rats ass for official album art, I don't want it  ;)
I 'pull' my files from many different places and HD's, I don't have a library.

@sveakul, thank you so much.
I tried method B, I think I did it right but the xmlc skin I use already has a "No artwork picture" in there
so I quess my new xml with <root dependsOn="Dust Storm.xmlc"> does not overwrite it. It still shows
thier picture, not mine.

I disabled all tags etc

I'm new to this stuff so all I can think of now is place all musicbee files in one big folder and put my wanted cover.jpg in there.
Kind off like JZStudios means?
Will this even work?

Thank you!

hiccup

I tried method B, I think I did it right but the xmlc skin I use already has a "No artwork picture" in there
so I quess my new xml with <root dependsOn="Dust Storm.xmlc"> does not overwrite it. It still shows
thier picture, not mine.

Did you give your own created xml file a unique skin name, and did you select that skin to use in MusicBee?

JenniBee

hiccup, I did not select my new skin in musicbee, now it works, thank you!

sveakul

"If the skin is an xmlc and you had to add the new xml (Example B), it will appear in the menu under its own name next to the xmlc's name;  select the xml's name to use the skin with modified display."  --from my directions  ;)

Glad you found a solution for what you wanted to do.