Author Topic: Exceptions in File Organiser get deleted and Musicbee crashes  (Read 1884 times)

Johan_A_M

Hi!

In my workflow, (see my question about workflow) I use the exceptions in File Organiser a lot. I've noticed that every now and then, a few of them are removed. It's seemingly random.
I'm not technical, and all I see in the error log (apart from a lot of The system cannot find the file specified.) is

Code
2019-09-17 09:37:08 - 10.0.17763.0 - 3.3.7165.34284D - System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: MinimumSize
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.set_MinimumSize(Size value)
   at #=z5xxaifskG1NQEvDt7ZSG9Gj4Owiar1Vxug==.#=zOcv4Ud1smQ1r(Int32 #=zVz1WXem4cGwI)
   at #=z5xxaifskG1NQEvDt7ZSG9Gj4Owiar1Vxug==.#=zuqgWIPg=(#=zfTD3Dss= #=zMgDolGc=, Boolean #=zsxfsLHhv0uO$)
   at #=z5xxaifskG1NQEvDt7ZSG9Gj4Owiar1Vxug==.#=zg2Wlechqrped(Object #=zySAfqQw=, EventArgs #=z2hFhQMw=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at #=zH6bHjsfhuWmV$3Rmcru92Nc=.OnClick(EventArgs #=z2hFhQMw=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

2019-09-17 09:41:34 - 10.0.17763.0 - 3.3.7165.34284D - System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\johan\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\Tag Backups\MusicBee - Baseline.bbl' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at MusicBeePlugin.BackupType.Load(String fileName, String backupFileExtension)
   at MusicBeePlugin.BackupType.save(String fileName)
   at MusicBeePlugin.BackupIndex.saveBackup(String backupName, String statusbarText, Boolean isAutocreatedParam)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.regularAutobackup(Object state)
   at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallbackInContext(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback()
   at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire()
   at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()
   at System.Threading.TimerQueue.AppDomainTimerCallback(Int32 id)

Hmm, while writing this, I got a new error msg from the Additional Tagging Tools plugin that the Tag Backup Baseline is corrupted or not a valid Musicbee back-up - Error in XML-document (710879, 8). Then this error msg:
Code
MusicBee v3.3.7165.34284 (Win10.0), 17 Sep 2019 10:00:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBeePlugin.BackupType.save(String fileName)
   at MusicBeePlugin.BackupIndex.saveBackup(String backupName, String statusbarText, Boolean isAutocreatedParam)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.regularAutobackup(Object state)
   at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallbackInContext(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback()
   at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire()
   at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()
   at System.Threading.TimerQueue.AppDomainTimerCallback(Int32 id)

I think the problem with exception rules getting deleted was noted before I started to use the backup, but I'm not sure.

Any ideas to this will much appreciated!

Steven

• Administrator
this should stop the error although I am uncertain why its happening:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee files

it might be the case the exception rules are temporarily not showing rather than being deleted, and if you Proceed with a re-org and re-open the dialog window i wouldnt be surprised if they appear. Of course that would still be a bug but unless you are able to provide specific steps to reproduce the problem i dont think i could solve it.

Johan_A_M

Fantastic Steven, thanks a lot! Will let you know if it doesn't work for some reason, but then I'll first try the re/re as per your suggestion. Thanks again!

Johan_A_M

tit might be the case the exception rules are temporarily not showing rather than being deleted, and if you Proceed with a re-org and re-open the dialog window i wouldnt be surprised if they appear. Of course that would still be a bug but unless you are able to provide specific steps to reproduce the problem i dont think i could solve it.

Sorry @Steven, it did not work, neither did re-org+re-open. Even restarted the program afterwards and the new exception was still gone.

Johan_A_M

I just realised that the reason for the missing exceptions is that there are two different lists of exceptions depending on if I look at files from the library vs inbox. Is it supposed to be like that?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
When you say look at, how are you accessing the template?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Johan_A_M

When you say look at, how are you accessing the template?
!
Aaah, I'm really really sorry for wasting your time! I just realised that I haven't considered File Organizer/Ctrl-R/Move to Organised Folder to be a different thing from the auto-organiser. My bad!!

Johan_A_M

this should stop the error although I am uncertain why its happening:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee files

it might be the case the exception rules are temporarily not showing rather than being deleted, and if you Proceed with a re-org and re-open the dialog window i wouldnt be surprised if they appear. Of course that would still be a bug but unless you are able to provide specific steps to reproduce the problem i dont think i could solve it.

Unfortunately, it seems my stupidity was not to blame after all. Today I had once again worked out a template and used for some hours. When exiting Musicbee and returning later, it was gone. This all in auto-organizer as well as File Organizer.

Steven

• Administrator
The file organiser templates are not saved unless you click the Reorganise button. I might change that for v3.4

Johan_A_M

The file organiser templates are not saved unless you click the Reorganise button. I might change f for v3.4

Thank you for the explanation Steven! It turned out it wasn't deleted but reverted back to an older version, but I'm guessing for the same reason - not saved when only clicking the Close button.

On a similar note, when I jump between exceptions in File organiser during naming of Inbox files/folders and then the exceptions in auto-organiser, it would be fantastic to be able to sync or transfer exceptions from the File organiser and auto-organiser.

Thanks again Steven!

boroda

it would be fantastic to be able to sync or transfer exceptions from the File organiser and auto-organiser.
might be a good request. +1.