Author Topic: Importing from CD  (Read 2113 times)

drummermouse

Hi
You will forgive for the questions I am about to ask but as you can tell I am an absolute beginner on computers.
I currently have both Media Player and iTunes loaded on my computer, I have imported my collections from both into MusicBee and am currently ridding myself of all the duplicates files.

Is it possible to set MusicBee as my default for when I want to import a record from a CD, currently I use iTunes for this and then have to transfer it over, which is a bit long-winded and means I have to keep iTunes on my system.

Secondly, I have been using an ION Tape2PC to transfer my old cassettes but this again uses iTunes, can this be altered.

Sorry if these are basic questions but as I said I'm learning!!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

For one thing, if you delete iTunes then it will simply no longer be an option for the things you're doing with it. Windows will probably then ask for an alternate (though it might not). In order to use MusicBee, be sure you've run it as an administrator at least once and assigned file types in General Preferences. That should make it show up as an option to use for CDs and other functions in Windows.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
Secondly, I have been using an ION Tape2PC to transfer my old cassettes but this again uses iTunes, can this be altered.
This would really be a question for ION to answer. I do know that I had an ION USB turntable that came with software. I didn't install it and just had ripped albums go to an MB monitored folder.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

drummermouse

Thanks for the replies.

Could you advise how I can run it as an administrator?
I told you I was a novice!!

boroda