Author Topic: Find All Songs with a Lowercase Word  (Read 1037 times)

smann

So I've been going back and forth on how to capitalize my songs and I always run into issues that make me question what to do more than they should.

For example, the below titles...

- In Search Of
- In Search of...
- Built To (Resist)

Technically the first and last word should always be capitalized like in the first title above. However, the second title above terminates after the "of" with the "..." and should technically be lowercase since it implies extra words coming after it. Then there's the third title that I can never decide whether the "To" should be capitalized since it technically ends the initial title, or be lowercase since the title is continued in the parentheses.

- Going Out in Style

Then there's this damn title where "out" and "in" are both lowercase unless they enhance a verb as an adverb, so "Out" is capitalized whereas "in" is lowercase and it really bothers me haha.

Basically I just want to go back to the simple days where every single word in my library is capitalized. I know MusicBee has a built-in capitalizer that can do this, but then I run into issues like "MusicBee" where there's a random capital in the middle of a word, or something like Marilyn Manson's "mOBSCENE" or "(s)AINT" where the specific capitalizations are there for a reason.

Anyone know of a way to search for every single lowercase word to manually change them? I can use "match RegEx" in a custom search for all the common lowercase words, but there are a lot of possible lowercase words hahaha.
Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 03:53:53 AM by smann

Zak

• Global Moderator
I can use "match RegEx" in a custom search for all the common lowercase words, but there are a lot of possible lowercase words hahaha.

Do a RegEx search on Title for the following
Code
_[a-z]
Where the underscore is a space character.
This will show all tracks with titles containing words beginning with a lowercase letter.
Bee excellent to each other...

smann

I can use "match RegEx" in a custom search for all the common lowercase words, but there are a lot of possible lowercase words hahaha.

Do a RegEx search on Title for the following
Code
_[a-z]
Where the underscore is a space character.
This will show all tracks with titles containing words beginning with a lowercase letter.

Thank you! RegEx for Title and " [a-z]" works great! I'll add Artist, Album, etc to the search as well to get all the necessary fields replaced.

Going to copy all my songs to my external drive first though, just in case I randomly don't like the changes when done haha.