Author Topic: Missing Tracks  (Read 5661 times)

The Gent

Ok, my computer is set to display all folders, main and sub. All of my music is in one folder on the computer called Music, so a sub folder would not be a problem.

I just removed the Alabama tracks and rescanned from the CD. Now the library doesn't show any of of them and when I search, I get 4 tracks. I don't know where it scanned them to.

How do I delete the library and put in a new one?

This one's getting personal, isn't it?  ::)

Thanks,
Will
Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 03:29:56 PM by The Gent

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Before removing anything, do check the file path of the items that are there. Just to see what might be different about them. Also make sure you're searching the entire library and some of the things you just scanned aren't in the inbox.

The simplest thing is to remove all tracks and rescan, but you can also find and delete your .mbl file (and corresponding .bak file) to force the creation of a new library database.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
are you using the latest version of musicbee (3.3.7165 or above) ?
if not, you should update from the downloads page

The Gent

Steven -

Is that a different version than the one immediately following 3.1.6590? I tried that one and didn't like it. It had too many things for people who catalog and other functions like that and it seemed like the music play and library had suffered in that version.

Psychoadept - the inbox is empty. I have over 1800 tracks on the computer, is there a way to check the file path without looking at the properties of each track?

Will

boroda

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Psychoadept - the inbox is empty. I have over 1800 tracks on the computer, is there a way to check the file path without looking at the properties of each track?

You can see the folder path by adding Path to the displayed fields in track details view. If you also display Filename, then you've effectively got the whole thing.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

phred

• Global Moderator
Is that a different version than the one immediately following 3.1.6590?
3.1.x is about two years old. Obviously new features and fixes have been introduced over that time. If Steven is suggesting you try the latest version to see if it fixes your issue, it's probably worth trying. You can try the portable version if you don't want to give up on 3.1. But if you don't update, issues you experience in your current version won't get addressed.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

The Gent

Psychoadept - checking the filename, they all appear to be correct, listing track name.mpg and looking at the path, I see they are all listed the same: C:/Users/Will/Music, but the music I am supposed to be playing is on my F drive, an external. Maybe that's it? The files on C are a backup.

I think I will look for the downloads area and get the newest version. Should I delete the one I have first? I assume that deleting the program as I have it to install a newer version will delete the library and it's .bak file?

Thanks, I think we're getting close here!
Will

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yes, it sounds like the different drive might have something to do with it. Unless your worries about losing date added and play count, you might try removing the C: files and adding the music folder on F: as a monitored folder.

You can install any new version of MusicBee over the old one without uninstalling. Just be sure you're on the latest official version before applying a patch like the one linked in my sig.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

The Gent

OK, Psychoadept, I took Steven's advice and installed the new version. It is not the one I tried a year or two ago that I didn't like, so we're good. I went ahead and told the old program to delete the files that were listed as C:/... and it did. Halfway through, I realized I had performed that command on the C Drive folder in the program!

Anyway, having learned from a terrible tragedy last year in which I lost my music and photos in an external drive crash, I had the music backed up to two other locations! So, just a matter of transferring from one to the other.

Anyway to the point... I looked for Alabama in the new program. Not there at all. So I ripped the CD to the library and it now shows all 10 of the Alabama and all 18 of the Alan Jackson!

Problem solved! Thanks for all your help, both you and Steven, to this computerized library novice. I know music and can answer just about any question regarding any song from the late 50's, 60's and early 70's but cataloging them... not so good at that! ::)

Will

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Glad to hear you figured something out! And yes, take care when working in the computer node - although it should be moving things to the recycle bin, not permanently deleting them
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)