Author Topic: Master screenshot post  (Read 74648 times)

hiccup

It has nothing to do with MB, but rather with the Simple Machines Forum (SMF) software the forum uses.
All true.
Two other reasons I can imagine for not having such an option:
- it would take up extra space on the server, which might mean some extra costs
- it would probably also implicate responsibility for the images that users have uploaded and then reside on the server

PS
1. It remains an annoyance that some users are either too lazy, or reluctant to put in the little effort to insert screenshots to their posts.
   (I guess they consider their time more important than the time of the members they are asking for help)
2. It is very nice to see how often, and how many users are making the effort to insert good screenshots to their posts.

MADBIKER1960

• Hello, I am a friendly knowledgeable guy.

It has nothing to do with MB, but rather with the Simple Machines Forum (SMF) software the forum uses.
All true. Two other reasons I can imagine for not having such an option: - it would take up extra space on the server, which might mean some extra costs - it would probably also implicate responsibility for the images that users have uploaded and then reside on the server PS 1. It remains an annoyance that some users are either too lazy, or reluctant to put in the little effort to insert screenshots to their posts. (I guess they consider their time more important than the time of the members they are asking for help) 2. It is very nice to see how often, and how many users are making the effort to insert good screenshots to their posts.

Perhaps it is time to move the forum to a hosting service that supports posting pictures so we can show what we are talking about.

Your current forum has no pictures at all.

It is time to find a new forum that allows pictures to be posted right to the subject so we can post pics of what we are talking about making it easier for all to answer questions that are posted.

AND if cost is the factor behind not getting a new site, perhaps it is time to start charging a once a year fee to support it.

I for one would gladly pay to be able to post pics.

With pics it is easier to show what we are talking about instead of having to try and write it all out.

And please do not tell us to use hosting sites because the majority of them want a fee to post on their sites.

phred

• Global Moderator
Perhaps it is time to move the forum to a hosting service that supports posting pictures so we can show what we are talking about.[/font][/size]
Obviously you haven't read the three or four posts before what you just posted.

Because it is free. As is MusicBee. And quite frankly, you're wrong. Many posts/replies have pictures/screenshots with them.

It is time to find a new forum that allows pictures to be posted right to the subject so we can post pics of what we are talking about making it easier for all to answer questions that are posted.
Obviously you have refused to understand how to incorporate pictures in one's post/reply.

AND if cost is the factor behind not getting a new site, perhaps it is time to start charging a once a year fee to support it.
You don't seem to understand that MB is a hobby for its developer. It's not a full-time or even part-time job for him. I don't speak for him, but I'm sure the last thing he wants to do is set up a subscription plan to enable lazy users the ability to post pictures when there are currently other ways for it do be done. None of which require his time, money, or effort.

With pics it is easier to show what we are talking about instead of having to try and write it all out.
Do you mean like this?

And please do not tell us to use hosting sites because the majority of them want a fee to post on their sites.[/font][/size]
Okay, let me tell you to use a file hosting service. Perhaps the majority of them want a fee, but imgur doesn't and is one of the most popular for hosting images. HELL!! You don't even need to register to use it. And if you want to upload a file (such as when Steven requests a settings file) MediaFire is also free.
Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 09:17:44 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

tjinc

Because it is free. As is MusicBee. And quite frankly, you're wrong. Many posts/replies have pictures/screenshots with them.

And here's an example of one that does: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=39645.msg214409#msg214409

phred

• Global Moderator
And here's an example of one that does:
PERFECT!!!!
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

Why won't this free forum for this free software give me free web space to store my photos so I can effortly ask other users to donate their time to help me solve my problems?