Author Topic: Help..I dove into the UI and something isn't right....  (Read 761 times)

JamieC

I dove headfirst into MusicBee and spent countless hours perfecting my tagging...and then tweaking the UI to fit my every whim.  And then...something disappeared and I've been in denial and using a workaround for a few months now.  Perhaps there is a solution Im just not seeing...so I will try to explain even though my actions causing this are not 100% fresh in my memory.

It used to be that I had a permanent (so I thought) navigator that ran along the left sidebar edge of MB which is now gone.  Now, the only time I can get it back is to click on the + (plus) symbol along the top header row which on mouse-over says "Add Tab".  What appears is the very navigator that used to be here all the time.

If I go to Preferences, Layout(1) ....Left Sidebar section...then navigator....that has check boxes for all the carious content my disappeared navigator should have.

I'm looking for the navigator itself to remain present.  Any ideas?

sveakul

After displaying the Tab you want to keep present, right-click it and choose "Pin Tab."

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Actually, i think you can just use the pin button at the top of the navigator, if i understand correctly. It's not the tab you want to pin, it's the sidebar, right?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

JamieC

Here is new behavior that may help you help me...

I closed out ALL tabs except for 1 blank one...seems to need at least one.

There is an icon for CONFIGURE LAYOUT...I click it...

Drill down... Left Sidebar...Show Panel.   This is what has been set and the Navigator is gone.

Now...Drill down... Left Sidebar...Hide Panel (Auto Open) ....then Mouse over to the left of the screen where Navigator shoulds be...boom...it shows nicely. 

There is a PIN icon on the top of that navigator the is vertical...meaning..looks like it is pinned already.  If I select it...the Navigator goes away and the Drill down setting has reverted to Show Panel.

So the part that appears to specifically not be working right is Drill down... Left Sidebar...Show Panel

JamieC

FIXED:

Under ARRANGE PANEL...Customize Panel....Panel Layout Overrides...I had somehow checked Hide Left Sidebar.

Painful.