Author Topic: Cannot "View Settings File" on Microsoft Store version  (Read 1422 times)

murrple_1

On version: 3.3.7165 Store

All the menu options:
Help > Support > View Settings File
Help > Support > View Last.fm Scrobble Log
Help > Support > View Error Log

end with the same issue. Notepad opens with the error "The system cannot find the path specified".

It is probably something to do with how the Microsoft Store installs apps in a non-standard location.

On my device (for anyone who find this forum post), the files should be at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\<unique ID containing the word MusicBee>\LocalCache\Roaming\MusicBee.

Steven

• Administrator
it is using notepad for this task and trying with my store version it works fine. However I will make a change for the next update that hopefully will work in all cases

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Hi Steven,

With reference to the error mentioned here: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=36952.msg211378#msg211378

I don't have the Store version to test it myself, but someone mentioned that they cannot access Help > Support > Open AppData folder
Any chance you could have a look at it or there's a windows limitation at play? Thanks.
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.