Author Topic: Library Explorer (Layout) enhancements  (Read 4768 times)

VX

1. an option to pin the Library Explorer to the left pane permanently, so that user doesn't need to relaunch it every time a new tab is opened.

2. add "Library Explorer pinned to the left pane" option to the predefined Quick Layouts.

VX

Aren't 1 and 2 the same ?  ???

No.

The first option would be accessible from the Right-Click menu on the Library Explorer title bar between the commands:
'Sort by'
Pin Library Explorer
'Hide Library Explorer'
(and maybe from the Right-Click menu on Library Explorer when it's opened).

The second option would be accessible from the main top menu View/Quick Layouts/
-Library Oriented:---
-Now Playing List in Main Panel:---
Isn't it logical ???
Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 09:04:35 AM by VX

Sarge

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or joking in any way but I'm not really sure on why we even Need the Library Explorer?

Is there something I'm missing as to what it can do?...that we can't do in the track Browser?
I honestly never have it even showing. But maybe I'm missing out on something more it does?

Steven

• Administrator
- some people are used to navigating using the tree style drill down it offers
- with some layout configurations its making use of wasted space, and you could get rid of the track browser
- when using the now playing list in the main panel, you can use it to drag files that exist in the library into the now playing list.

Sarge

Ok..thanks Steven..with all the different threads about it, I thought I was missing out on something more than what it is.
Just as you say it's a users preference and configuration.

VX

Talos

I use MusicBee mostly for managing my database since it is REALLY GOOD at doing that.  I also use it for playback in my wife's system in the basement (all our music is on a NAS).  But I use J River Media Centre for my main playback needs for two reasons.  #1 is that it supports the WASAPI - Event Style interface, which I cannot get to work in Music Bee.  #2 is that it has the ability to easily create multiple cascaded panes in the library navigator.  I have 6 panes visible all the time and use them all.  I find that to be essential.   Music Bee's three panes is not adequate for me.

Shame about those two things, because I find MusicBee to be very good indeed.