Author Topic: Latest Musicbee 3.3.7115 - Lyrics hit & miss with properly tagged library  (Read 5525 times)

eltrkbrd

What's recommended for getting lyrics to work best in Musicbee?

I've seen something about Lyrics Reloaded but I'm using what comes installed in Musicbee by default.

I tried updating to the latest version but it's still hit and miss.

My library is properly ID3 tagged and I'm playing top 100 tracks for rock, metal, punk, blues, etc. here (not expecting miracles on obscure lyrics in otherwords)...

Honestly I was hoping for better results out of the box.  

I've been a fan of MusicBee for years (before that MediaMonkey and before that back in the days Winamp)...

Thanks again!
Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 02:26:54 PM by eltrkbrd

sveakul

Lyrics Reloaded (Updated) will "vastly" supplement the default lyrics retrieval and you need to install it like yesterday, follow frankz's instructions on the plugin's page (https://getmusicbee.com/addons/plugins/166/lyrics-reloaded-updated/).

eltrkbrd

@sveakul thanks, that worked a treat.  After adding the LR plugin .dll to %ProgramFiles(x86)% I just had to go to edit preferences | tags 2 and enable a few other lyrics providers in the list.

sveakul

Good deal!  There is a discontinued lyrics plugin "mb_LyricsPlugin.dll" still available  (pre-dates LRU) written by Steven that you could add to the Plugins folder also.  It no longer works with some (most?) of the sites it adds due to changed algorithms but it doesn't HURT anything to have it and it co-exists fine with mb_LyricsReloaded and the built-in one.  Just extract the contents of the zip into MB/Plugins, and restart MusicBee.  It's called "Lyrics Fetcher" in the Prefs/Plugins panel and you may have to "Enable" it first.  Ignore the "configure" button and just go back to Tags(2) to see and add the extra choices.  Like I said, no guarantees with that one, but at least you'll know you have the "whole enchilada."
Link:  http://www.mediafire.com/download/5t877tld29xt2b0/mb_LyricsPlugin.zip

eltrkbrd

Awesome and much thanks for that; I added Lyrics Fetcher and now can enjoy the "whole enchilada" with MusicBee!

Although there is night and day difference in terms of improvement from before, I did notice that some of the Lyrics seem cached from before and incorrect.  Is there a way to clear them?

For example -  a google search for "black pumas colors lyrics" begins with "I woke up to the morning sky, first..." by Source: Musixmatch and even if I set Musixmatch first in MusicBee Lyrics provider it loads completely wrong Lryics (beginning with "Kiss me once just once...Well, you think it's love or something close").  I disabled all else too still no dice.

I guess I have to tinker with it some more.

I'm curious what your Lyrics providers list looks like?

Here's mine:
Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 02:55:04 AM by eltrkbrd

sveakul

You can clear cached lyrics by deleting the contents of the Lyrics subfolder in MusicBee's InternalCache folder.  Where that is depends on what type of MB install you have--"Installer" or "Portable."  If you have the "Windows Store" version you're essentially SOL on that score.  I run the following *.bat file to clear mine when I choose to;  copy the contents into a text file and rename it with a *.bat extension, like "ClearLyricsCache.bat".  Be sure to change the "set dir" path to wherever the folder resides in your installation:

Code
@ECHO OFF

Set dir="c:\MusicBee\AppData\InternalCache\Lyrics"

Echo Deleting all files from %dir%
del %dir%\* /F /Q

Echo Deleting all folders from %dir%
for /d %%p in (%dir%\*) Do rd /Q /S "%%p"
@echo Folder deleted.

exit
You do know that you can cycle through the providers that do retrieve a song's lyrics manually to find the best match before you save?  Go to your Now Playing window and open the Lyrics window in the right sidebar(for example), and with the song active right-click in that pane and choose "Redo Search" to cycle the providers that had a match.  Then from the same menu you can choose to embed, edit, or whatever.  For my use, in Tags(2) I have both auto-retrieve lyrics and auto-save un-checked.  I'm one of those "manual" types, which means I always need to start searching by choosing "Redo Search".

My top 10 providers list order looks like:  LyricWiki, LyricWiki Reloaded, Genius, chartlyrics.com, Musixmatch, Metrolyrics, Lololyrics, Urban Lyrics, Song Lyrics,  A-Z Lyrics Universe,... and then a few more.  The biggest not-available-but-WISH-it-was for me is the Metal Archives site, but I have a web link in MB's "Internet" prefs panel that does a web search there on artist/title that I can then copy lyrics from into the Now Playing panel using the "Paste clipboard lyrics into music file" menu choice.
Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 07:23:47 PM by sveakul

eltrkbrd

Awesome, following your suggestions worked!

I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019, so no Windows Store here (or other W10 bloatware apps, forced updates, telemetry BS).

I ran your batch file after change my "set dir" path to:
   "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\MusicBee\InternalCache\Lyrics"

It worked great and musicbee lyrics figured it out whereas before it didn't (perhaps things improved after upgrading MB to latest version and clearing lyrics cache).

I didn't know about the "Redo Search" feature to cycle lyrics providers for the best match.

However, I did figure out the neat "Now Playing" Lyrics thing a while ago (my setup is [Left Side] Album Art only / [Right Side] Lryics)

I'm curious if embedding the lyrics into MP3 increases the file size much, I'd imagine it's simply plain ascii text so small footprint.

It seems the LyricsReloaded plugin can batch embed -
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=25537.0

Thanks for sharing your providers list / order and Lyrics Google Search tip on the Internet prefs panel. I added the <Artist><Title> fields which will prove useful for my taste in world fusion and eastern underground music.

Thanks again for sharing!

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hkxgkh1Rvc

"The lover of life's not a sinner" —Dio
Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 03:42:36 PM by eltrkbrd