Author Topic: Reference Site for Artist/Recording Details  (Read 7487 times)

schumann

I frequently would like to know details about a recording or artist, especially the identity of the song writer and the musicians on the track. The best site I have found is Wikipedia which is limited so wondering if any others might exist?

Thanks!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
MusicBrainz is a great source for this info. And if they don't have it yet, you can add it yourself.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

stardepp

TateB also made a good proposal:

I often like to read reviews for an album while listening to it, so this is a favourite for me:

https://www.google.com/search?q=<Artist>+<Album>+review

There are also user-defined links, such as Last.FM and others:

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=28882.msg160891#msg160891

violinbzjc

Hey, sorry for bumping. Can you guys recommend me something for recording at home? I want to start exploring independently, but I don't know where to start...

I began home recording about two years ago but only recently found some valuable insights. Be patient and experiment until you're satisfied with the sound and setup.

Investing in a quality condenser mic makes a huge difference. Experiment with placement and settings, and find the sweet spot. Good noise-isolating headphones are a must for clear sound. Check out this article for more home recording tips.
Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 08:12:26 PM by violinbzjc

phred

• Global Moderator
@ajbolton, @violinbzjc
Please create a thread in the Beyond MusicBee section as the comments both of you made have nothing to do with the thread you've replied to, nor with MB.
Thank you.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here