Author Topic: MusicBee keeps changing Year format for some of my files  (Read 961 times)

CutUpAngel

Why does MusicBee keep changing the Year format on my files?  For example my default year when I need specifics: 2019.08.02, but over time it will change to 8/2/2019. Not all my files are affected, it seems to happen to random files. It's just mildly infuriating. Any idea for a fix? Thanks!

phred

• Global Moderator
I believe MB uses your Windows system date format.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

This is true.  If you right-click your system clock on the taskbar and select "Adjust Date/Time" you will see Short Date and Short Time at the bottom.  These are what MusicBee displays.

That said, it's not changing anything in your files.  These are just the formats that MusicBee displays.

And I'm not sure that this is really what OP is talking about, because OP has provided no detail about where he/she is seeing this or using it for.

CutUpAngel

Hello! I've added screenshots for clarification.

Yes it's my Windows date format. I just wanted my Year  to display either Year only or this format that I placed

Instead some of my files start changing into my Windows date format

It's ok if it's just the display but MB also changed the tags as well

I originally had it 2018.01.31, I haven't changed those tags. Same thing happened to most of my files with that specific format, not all but most of them. I haven't had this problem with the old version of MB, I'm using the latest stable build currently. I know it's not that big of an issue but if there's a workaround I would really appreciate it very much. Thanks!
Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 08:24:18 AM by CutUpAngel