Author Topic: how to add an addon on microsoft store version of musicbee?  (Read 2308 times)

tuck629

recently i had to reinstall musicbee and use the microsoft store version, but now my musicbee doesn't show on my discord profile. can someone help me through adding this addon to the windows version? thanks!

sveakul

Due to Windows permissions issues, many external plugins/add-ons simply will not work with the Windows Store version of MusicBee.  Whether that includes the one you mention I don't know, but I strongly advise you to use the Installer or Portable MusicBee versions (preferably the latter) if you want to be sure you can take full advantage of plugin capabilties and the ability to manually update and modify your installation.

phred

• Global Moderator
Isn't there an ' install plugin' button under Preferences > Plugins? I don't have access to MB to confirm, but I'm pretty sure it's there. And can be used for the store version.

But as sveakul states, you'd be better off using either of the other two versions. Not only are plugins easier to install, but they get updated every couple of days whereas the store version lags way behind in updates.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here