Author Topic: $ALR(<URL>,function_id) in VirtualTag not always correct  (Read 2618 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
MB 3.3.7143 P
Using Auto library report to create virtual tag
Album Max. (Play Count) = $ALR(<URL>,Max:PlayCount)
works the most of the time, but have about 20 albums (with nothing similar about them that I can tell) that aren't correctly transfered.

From the image, you can see that the report correctly identifies the highest play count among the album tracks, but when it comes into MB it becomes 47.

I'm only assuming that this is a bug in MB, as the count is correct for the ALR and it's not occuring for all tracks.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
I will move this to the plugin topic as i doubt it would be musicbee itself thats the issue. It might be that you have defined special conditons to group albums where-as the plugin just uses album name only as one possibility
Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 01:49:10 PM by Steven

Bee-liever

Have just tested with ALR saving tag directly to custom tag and that works correctly.
(But I didn't really want to use my last available custom tag slot for a tag that should work as a virtual one  :(  )

Bee-liever

I will move this to the plugin topic as i doubt it would be musicbee itself thats the issue.
Have just tested with ALR saving tag directly to custom tag and that works correctly.
Please do move. On further testing, there was another batch of albums that weren't tagging correctly  :(

It might be that you have defined special conditons to group albums where-as the plugin just uses album name only as one possibility
Yes. I have some albums that are named the same and differ by being standard and deluxe editions.  This is overcome in MB by setting grouping to "files for each album are organised in their own folder".
This would probably be why the ALR sometimes hangs for a bit before continuing.
I'll play around with adding folder or path into the ALR
Thanks for the help  :)
Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 03:23:18 AM by Bee-liever

Bee-liever

At last!  An error report that might shed some more light on this.

Code
29/07/2019 12:35:21 PM - 10.0.18362.0 - 3.3.7148.31537 P - System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: '#=zH5xPKiKh6Z66'.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PointToClientInternal(Point p)
   at #=zVSd5QTyxR0Y4BtLCQV50nDs=.#=zH5xPKiKh6Z66.#=zizMNtlSxj7ce(MouseEventArgs #=zS0G$r7A=)
   at #=zhRUFgkJs1l73KSwO4ETuuVI=.#=zSA4RBCou74Om.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs #=zS0G$r7A=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=z0LjMl02Tkafz0r08bxNNHBc=.WndProc(Message& #=zePx1vCY=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Steven

• Administrator
no, its something else. I have reported the issue to boroda and also for v3.4 i am including some basic sum/min/max/count functions

Bee-liever

no, its something else.
Yes. Probably me resizing the column width while MB and/or Boroda's plugin was still working away in the background.

I have reported the issue to boroda and also for v3.4 i am including some basic sum/min/max/count functions
OK, because I'm giving up on this at the moment.
I'll try again when v3.4 betas start.  Thank you.

Steven

• Administrator
i've done something for v3.4 which you can try - its an early alpha version but the only thing i havent really tested properly is a new shuffle algorithm
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jbft1n816kd1hls/MusicBee.zip/file

$Sum(<field>,<grouping-field>)
$Min(<field>,<grouping-field>)
$Max(<field>,<grouping-field>)
$Count(<grouping-field>)

dont use a virtual tag with one of these functions that in turn references another virtual tag with one of these functions as it will produce incorrect results - no plans to address that
Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 08:50:18 PM by Steven

Bee-liever

Works well on testing.
No weird totals and no noticeable slowing of MB when assigned virtual tag is set as a 'Displayed Field'

dont use a virtual tag with one of these functions that in turn references another virtual tag with one of these functions as it will produce incorrect results - no plans to address that
Have posted a "Wishlist" request to dovetail with this @ https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=29247.0