Author Topic: Playlist Sync Quirk - Android 7 - MTP  (Read 2742 times)

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
MB: 3.3.7145 P
FiiO M11, Android 7.0
MTP only, no mass storage support.

I've recently moved a micro SD card from my FiiO X5 Gen 3 to my new M11. Syncing over MTP using the same settings as previously used for mass storage sync on the X5. The only issue I've encountered with syncing is the playlists.

Formats tested (and supported by the device manufacturer):
M3U
M3U8

Issue:
When viewed with Notepad, tracks in the playlist are not listed on new lines.
..\Track1..\Track2..\Track3..\Track4..\Track5 etc.

I cannot reproduce the issue with a virtual device and it did not occur on my X5. Editing the tracks of an affected playlist in Notepad thusly:
..\Track1
..\Track2
..\Track3
..\Track4
..\Track5

and then copying to the device via File Explorer results in a readable playlist. It also works normally if I copy the synced playlist from the virtual device to the M11.

Has anyone else come across this or can anyone reproduce it? I'm hoping I'm just missing a setting somewhere.

Edit: I should probably add, the tracks in the playlist can't be read by the device if they aren't on separate lines.
Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 01:10:44 AM by CritterMan
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

Steven

• Administrator
If you view it in a hexadecimal editor eg. notepad++, do you see any line end characters.
MB certainly is not giving special treatment and should be terminating lines with cr (13) lf (10)

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
If you view it in a hexadecimal editor eg. notepad++, do you see any line end characters.
MB certainly is not giving special treatment and should be terminating lines with cr (13) lf (10)

In a synced file pulled from the M11, I only see CR. From a test virtual device, I see both CR and LF.

This didn't seem like an MB issue, but I see no reason why the files would be edited by the device. If I send a good file using explorer over MTP, no alteration occurs. It's just the sync.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)

Steven

• Administrator

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
It does look like there is a bug with MTP sync. This should fix it:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip

Confirmed, issue resolved.