Author Topic: How to make musicbee move it's 5 Gb of pictures from C: drive?  (Read 1118 times)

Eis-T

Hi, I'm cleaning up my C: drive and I've discovered that musicbee keeps a 5 Gb file in the /music folder on the C drive. I wanna move it to a folder on the D drive. this is what I've got so far:

- The folder has album covers in it, it is not the music itself (thats on D:/music.)
- I've changed the default folders for images  in musicbee to a new one on the D drive, but it doesn't change the files. I tried to restart musicbee but it won't transfer them manually.

question: can I just drag and drop the files to the new folder or will that mess up my library?
is there a function that I've overlooked to move these files?

thanks in advance!

Eis-T

frankz

You need to look into creating a symbolic link from the folder on C to a new folder on D and then moving the files to D.

purpleturkey

What is a symbolic link?Just downloaded MB and want to get the jump on this before I have 5GB also!!!!Do you happen to know the answer to the question that got me here-I read the answer to the displaying lyrics while the song is playing,and it didn't help.It said to open the box beside the search bar,but there's nothing about lyrics in that.Thanks in advance.

frankz

What is a symbolic link?Just downloaded MB and want to get the jump on this before I have 5GB also!!!!
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=19555.0
Do you happen to know the answer to the question that got me here-I read the answer to the displaying lyrics while the song is playing,and it didn't help.It said to open the box beside the search bar,but there's nothing about lyrics in that.Thanks in advance.

Eis-T

Thanks for the answer! This was exactly what was needed to address the issue!