Author Topic: increase the allowed size of Album Artwork  (Read 4666 times)

hiccup

There is a limitation to the size of album artwork in Album Covers view that you can set.
Especially for classical releases, the current limit often prevents displaying the titles of releases and/or artists in full.

This is the current maximum size:

actual size:

Allowing an increase of the size (by at least some 150%?) would be very welcome, and would allow most titles and artists to be displayed in full without being cut-off.

And besides the practical benefits, it would also allow to enjoy and do more justice to hi-res artwork and hi-res displays that are available these days.
Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 11:24:31 PM by hiccup

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
+1 for increasing the maximum on the picture size slider
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

JZStudios

The fact that you have artwork for your classical albums interests me. Most of mine are just generic Google images/paintings of Beethoven and Vivaldi.
Not that I'm against larger album covers, but it means you see less results per page, and I only use it as a quick reference to pick the album I want and then switch to Now Playing to see a large album cover.

MBisFantastic

• MusicBee is awesome

hiccup

Not that I'm against larger album covers, but it means you see less results per page

Larger will be optional, are you aware that you can set the size using a slider?

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
+1 for larger max size
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

eathearty

+1 For this feature as i see it as a must for the larger screens that most people are using today

hiccup

Getting my David Bowie collection into perfect shape makes me bump this request:

Steven

• Administrator
for the next v3.4 update, the max size has been bumped by approx 150%

this change is not fully backward compatible with v3.3 so I suggest you install v3.4 in its own portable folder
Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 06:41:47 PM by Steven

hiccup

Great, thanks.
(another victory for quality over quantity)