Author Topic: New files don't show up in Library  (Read 2894 times)

Skakner

Hello everyone!
I use MusicBee Portable ver. 3.3.7491 P

The problem is that either with File>Scan folders for new files, or Add files to library, the new files in the chosen Directory never show up in the Library.
All files are mp3, encoded from FLAC files using freac.

Any idea?

Skakner

Something very strange I forgot to mention.
After a new (portable) installation, the program is still unable to put these files in the Library although they were in the specified folder from the beginning.
I begin to think that something is going on with these files.

Steven

• Administrator

Skakner

No, inbox tab is empty.

I made (again) new (portable) installation.
The program has scanned all the files of the specified folder (8.445). The number of total Library tracks is correct (8.445), the number of the specific artist tracks is correct (1.576) but 252 of them don't appear in Music tab.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Have you done a search (in MusicBee, make sure it's set to Entire Library) for the missing files? If you display the Category field in the main panel, it will tell you what section of the library they're in.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Skakner

When I search for BACH (artist) or Partitas (album title), the missing files are within the results.
In ''Music'' tabs, the missing files are...missing.

Another strange thing that I noticed.
The first two images are some of the results of search for ''Partitas''.
As you see, the name of Glenn Gould appears as Artist name although tag info says otherwise (third image). In Music tab though, there is not artist Glenn Gould.

So, files are there but for some reason, MusicBee don't read the tag info correctly.
Any idea?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The screenshot showing the tags doesn't include Album Artist. I would bet a lot that Glenn Gould is tagged as the Album Artist. Where did you get your tags? What do you see in the Tag Editor in MusicBee?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Skakner

You are right! Glenn Gould is tagged as Album Artist (image 1).
This is very strange though, because I have tagged all the files using Mp3Tag and the Album Artist field was empty (image 2).
I also use Nemp player and it shows Album artist field empty as well (image 3).
Maybe MusicBee filled the Album artist field on it's own will, I don't know.
Anyway, I cleared Album Artist field, using MusicBee, and all files appear now as they should.
Thank you all!  :)

MusicBee screenshot

Mp3Tag screenshot

Nemp player screenshot

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This is very strange though, because I have tagged all the files using Mp3Tag and the Album Artist field was empty (image 2).
I also use Nemp player and it shows Album artist field empty as well (image 3).
Maybe MusicBee filled the Album artist field on it's own will, I don't know.

Glad that solved it!

MusicBee wouldn't have filled it on its own. However, it may be that there was a non-standard album artist tag in the files that MusicBee recognizes but the other programs don't. We've seen that come up a few times before.

If you're ever not sure where MusicBee is getting a tag, you can use the tag inspector to see exactly what's in the file.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)