Author Topic: Library Scan problems - V3.3  (Read 3513 times)

sttrebo

I have around 46k music files.  I did a fresh install of MB3.3 (portable) but only 5576 files were found and added to my library.  I did a fresh install of MB3.2 (portable) and scanned the same music location and all 46k music files were found.  It's got to be something in my setup, but I have no idea what could be different.  I also copied the "MusicBeeLibrarySettings.ini" file from my MB3.2 library to my MB3.3 Library.  No changes.  Attached are screenshots of the main panel and the library preference tab.  Any ideas on where to look?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ajqb5ye8o7mq60o/MB3.2%20Front%20Panel.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2jf80dfoosvzjj4/MB3.2%20Preferences%20Panel.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jfkf2yulh8f7gu7/MB3.3%20Front%20Panel.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3fod9tydl5zrdr/MB3.3%20Preferences%20Panel.JPG?dl=0

any help is greatly appreciated.
yup, that's me...

frankz

What file types are you excluding under exclusions?

Why not just open the original library in 3.3 rather than creating a new library?

sttrebo

thanks for the questions:

I have no exclusions set right now.  All my music is either MP3 or WMA.  My problem seems to relate to both file types.

When I load the original library, MB pops up with a confirmation screen saying "The following files no longer exist...."  If I say no, I can still play the files just fine but the album art disappears.  Then, if I rescan the library, I get the "The following files no longer exist... " dialog again.

After I say no, I open up Auto-Tag: to identify new/update tags.  It shows the file status as "no located".  then I update the tags and everything seems fine.  Except when I rescan the library, it doesn't find the files again.
Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 03:46:28 PM by sttrebo
yup, that's me...

Steven

• Administrator
try unticking "ignore tracks less than X in size"

sttrebo

tried that.  also tried just changing the value to something smaller.  no difference.
I keep all my music on a USB hard drive.  Could that be something?  Something different in MB3.3 in how it indexes?  Maybe a timeout or delay?  just throwing out ideas..

Is there a way of generating a log file when I create a new library or rescan?

thanks
yup, that's me...

sttrebo

hi-
any ideas?  this is really weird I know.  It must be something specific to my system since I don't see anyone else posting about this?
yup, that's me...

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
What happens if you drag & drop files into the library?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

sttrebo

hadn't thought of that.  I'll try it when I get back to that computer (tomorrow) , thanks.

Also, I keep my music backed up on my NAS at home.  Just for the heck of it, I installed MB3.3 portable and had it scan the NAS.  It found all of the music just fine.  This to sounds like it's some timing or other issue related either to my USB drive or USB subsystem.  Maybe a latency somewhere causing MB to skip some files on indexing.  Any of this help?
yup, that's me...

Steven

• Administrator
did you check the error log for errors around the time you start musicbee or manually scan for files? (help/ support/ view error log)

edit:
comparing v3.3 with v3.2, v3.2 skips errors encountered and v3.3 aborts the scan, logging an error in the error log. I will probably change it back to the v3.2 behavior but would still like to see what the error was
Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 06:33:32 PM by Steven

sttrebo

thanks
I went ahead and created a new library.  here is the entire log file:

7/3/2019 10:09:06 AM - 10.0.17134.0 - 3.3.7117.36324 P - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=zGWLpLLsLTq6aI0LaU_3Yc6s=.#=zBCf_ip0=.#=z90vtuEPeAdyNJvs3e7IlgBJxtAiD(#=zkD5$xtGBuA82kzOTvi_ASzM= #=ziD5PjJ0=, #=zzQLa4KFb1z4Umv8VQUs5KxjUCfsW3w06B7a7fdI=[] #=zP2OwjMZdR80LDh_Ql1zqTF8=, String[] #=z_z9ciQ0=)
   at #=zGWLpLLsLTq6aI0LaU_3Yc6s=.#=zBCf_ip0=.#=z6QX9fYw=()

7/3/2019 10:09:14 AM - Unable to scan folder 'E:\00-Mine\Music\'
Access is denied. [E:\00-Mine\Music\Clairy Browne & The Bangin' Rackettes\Pool (2016)\]

not sure why it is saying 'access denied'.  it is one of the few albums that does show up ok on MB3.3.

let me know if you need anything else.
thanks
yup, that's me...

Steven

• Administrator
try the patch version which I updated yesterday to skip over problem folders like is done in v3.2
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip

also could you send me a link to your library settings file - MusicBeeLibrarySettings.ini which is in the root music folder

sttrebo

did a fresh install and added your patch files.  no changes, still got this error:

7/3/2019 10:28:03 AM - Unable to scan folder 'E:\00-Mine\Music\'
Access is denied. [E:\00-Mine\Music\Clairy Browne & The Bangin' Rackettes\Pool (2016)\]

but yet, that folder is still in the library just fine.
yup, that's me...

Steven

• Administrator
if you go help/about, what version does it show?
It will still log the error but should skip that folder if you are using the patch version

also could you send me a link to your library settings file - MusicBeeLibrarySettings.ini which is in the root music folder