Author Topic: Some Albums Show Y (Complete) While Others ?  (Read 1062 times)

sbutler860

Hello:

I absolutely love this software, it is all over iTunes and that Windows Media Ruiner, but one issue puzzles me and, I think, leaves me frightened to go out at night.

It is as more or less stated in my title.  I have, ironically, 69 albums by Prince.  These include albums, E.P.s and so on.  Now, most of the albums give me Y - i.e., the album is complete, while others show ? - i.e., we're not sure if the album is complete.  It never says N - i.e. the album is definitely not complete.  Maybe it is scared to.

What gives?  I have checked every last detail of every track in the albums where it tells me it might not be complete, to the ones that tell me they are complete, and they are identical in principle - obviously, the albums have different track numbers and so on, but to all intents and purposes, they are the same.

I know people had issue with this problem several years ago, like, in 2013, and I understood that subsequent updates cured this issue but, here it is, back again after all these years, like a long-lost relative who turns up at your door, newly divorced, and wanting to kip down on your sofa for just a few months.

Could someone, perhaps Steven himself, help me resolve this issue?  That would be fab, thank you.

Cheers,
Stephen Butler
x

redwing

What version of MB are you running? And post some screenshots that prove your point, something like this:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=9627.msg57558#msg57558

Also note it often requires a restart to update the field after you have adjusted related field values.

sbutler860

Hi Redwing:

Thanks for replying.  And there was me thinking you would be able to work all that out simply through your own telekinetic powers.

The version of MB is 3.2.6827.

Oddly, I looked at the very thread you have linked to and thought to myself, how on Earth do they get the screenshots to look like that? So I have no clue how to provide a screenshot.  Also, I will close down MB and reopen it the next time I am on that PC.

Cheers,
Stephen

redwing

You can upload your pictures to any image hosting site like imgur.com and post the link.

Another thing you should make sure is all those files are imported to your library and inbox node doesn't have the same albums since it could also affect the field.

sbutler860

Ah, well, it appears I don't need to, because a quick closing and then re-opening of the program did the trick.

That's the lesson, future readers of this thread, with no clue why it is that MB is not recognising complete albums when it sees them.

Close the program and then re-open it before taking to your computer keyboards and posting a rant on here.

I'm sure it's possible for someone to write a teensy bit of code that could correct this problem?  It's a bit awkward to have to do that, but there we are, it is what it is.

Thank you so much for your help, anyways.

Cheers,

Stephen x