Author Topic: Show track metadata from URL streams in playlists  (Read 4163 times)

sveakul

It would be great to have MusicBee handle streams the same way as far as showing track artist/title metadata and bitrate whether they are played from a Radio Station entry or from a m3u/pls/mbp playlist entry.
Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 03:24:48 AM by sveakul

Bizy

+1
Full installer Version 3_4_7805
Portable Editon 3_4_7805 P

Steven

• Administrator
MB should already be showing track metadata irrespective of whether the stream is set up as a radio station or the stream is linked in a playlist. Can you give me an example where thats not the case or explain more what you mean

sveakul

Thanks Steven for taking a look at this.  If an m3u playlist of radio station entries is imported directly via File/Playlists/Import Playlist, when playing one of the entries, in "Track Information" the artist/title metadata being sent doesn't appear, nor does the stream's bitrate or format (aac, mp3, etc).  If that same individual stream's entry is added as a Radio Station, full info appears when being played either from the Radio Station panel or from the playlist.

The reason this is significant to me is that sometimes I want to import a large playlist of streams, but don't want to have to make individual manual entries for each URL in the Radio Station panel in order to see the metadata.

For example, try importing the large m3u8 playlist of Radio Caprice streams I have uploaded here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=09824242552614696855 .

Then, playing for example the "Trance" entry directly from that playlist (#419), you will only see the information here:

However, adding the URL from that stream to the Radio panel via "New Station", will then produce full metadata for that particular stream, when played either from Radio Stations OR from the originally added m3u8 playlist:

I am hoping you can make the full info appear in either case.  Let me know if you need any additional examples.

Steven

• Administrator
Is re-importing the radio station playlists an option? I can see its not importing the streaming info quite correctly so I will fix that

sveakul

Sure, I would be happy to do that (delete, then re-import the m3u8 playlists) once you've made the fix!  I'm glad to hear that you can indeed make the metadata show up when played from a stream playlist!

Steven

• Administrator
now when importing a playlist, as long as the playlist has #EXTINF:-1 and is a web link then MB will treat the link as a continuous stream.
It wont have everything that shows when using a radio station but will show the active track and bitrate

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip

and the 3.4 alpha has been updated as well
http://www.mediafire.com/file/rkx9mn38mybdpaa/MusicBee.zip/file
Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 07:41:52 PM by Steven

sveakul

Ahh, BEAUTIFUL!!  Works exactly as I'd hoped (restricted to #EXTINF:-1 noted).  This is perfect for having access to stuff you don't care to manually add to your Radio Stations but still want to listen to from time to time and see who/what is played, testing new genres, etc.  Thanks again Steven!

One thing for folks to be aware of:  if you decide to add an imported playlist stream entry as a Radio Station entry,  and later choose to delete the source playlist, be sure to choose "Delete Playlist only", not "Delete Playlist and files from the computer", or else the entry you made in Radio Stations will be removed as well (even though not a "file" per se).

Steven

• Administrator
could you update again using the same links as there was one thing that wasnt quite right

sveakul

sveakul

+1
This has already been implemented, as you can see by the other posts in the thread--is it not working for you?