Author Topic: show last played songs in the upcoming tracks list?  (Read 1478 times)

majdnem

Is it possible for MB to display, say, the 2 or 3 previously played tracks at the top of the upcoming tracks playlist?
(I know you can just hit the 'back' button to jump back through tracks, but it would be nice to be able to quickly see what the last played songs were. I believe iTunes had this feature before I switched to MB, back when it was version 9 or something, and it's about the only thing i miss from iTunes...)
Thanks!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

If you click on Upcoming Tracks, you should be able to switch to an alternate view called Playing Tracks which shows past tracks as well as current ones. (You can configure how many tracks it retains in Preferences, I think under Now Playing).

You can also activate a History node in the left sidebar (under Layout preferences) which will show your entire play history.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

majdnem

Thank you!
That is very close to a perfect solution. I think the reason I've not chanced across that before, is that I prefer to have a playlist play on 'Shuffle'. When the combination of of 'shuffle' and 'upcoming tracks' is selected, I get those two features, but cannot combine with seeing previously played tracks.
I suspect that this might be less a failing with MB than me just missing the point somewhere...
So, is it possible to get a configuration that gives:

1. shuffle a playlist
2. see upcoming tracks
3. see recent tracks

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
With shuffle, repeat, etc turned off, right-click the playlist > Play Shuffled
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

majdnem

Critterman, Psychoadept,
THANKS!
Been niggling me for years.
Now sorted.
Happy.
 :-*