Author Topic: Remove embedded (or linked) cover artwork from files  (Read 9403 times)

SkyZippr

Or have a look in at the options in Preferences > Tags(1) > Artwork Storage...
Freddy  ;)
Oops, took too much time to edit ;D
I'm curious though, changing that option wouldn't affect the already-embedded artworks, would it?

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Or have a look in at the options in Preferences > Tags(1) > Artwork Storage...
Freddy  ;)
Oops, took too much time to edit ;D
I'm curious though, changing that option wouldn't affect the already-embedded artworks, would it?

Wouldn't like to comment on that, worth a try though (or leave embeddded  :D )
Freddy

Zak

• Global Moderator
The situation is, my whole library has artwork embedded to each individual track, which somehow I used to think was a good idea years ago.
Is there an easy way to move them all to folder.jpg for each album at once, instead of going into each of them?
Mp3tag can do this with the Export cover to file action. This would only work if each album is in its own folder, otherwise I'd assume artwork from different albums would overwrite each other.

This would also overwrite any other images you may already have in the folder with the same name (e.g. cover.jpg, folder.jpg etc.) so test it first to make sure it does what you want.
Bee excellent to each other...

jasongnome

Probably just me, but:-
I still use embedded, then the Album Art can go anywhere the music file goes, and unlike years ago, taking up disk space is no longer an issue.

It's not just you, I still use emebedded as well. Much more convenient if you later want to move or share files.

In this day and age, storage, as you say, isn't really an issue. I have just over 40,000 music files taking up just under 8.5 Gb of storage, a mixture of FLAC and MP3 mostly, all with artwork embedded. Given that they sit on an 8TB external drive which also contains all my pictures, documents and movies, storage really isn't an issue.