Author Topic: Tagging: list of existing values when editing tags  (Read 4776 times)

jrlx

When editing tags some fields show automatic lists of already existing tag values. It would be useful to extend this functionality to all tag fields in the tag editor, including those allowing multiple values like "genre" and "artist". In these cases, the functionality should also be enabled when inputing values in the respective splitter windows.

Steven

• Administrator
could you try the latest beta in the weekly updates topic. Thats been changed for genre.
I think the only fields not as you ask (and its intentional) are artist and composer. The intention is you can have a different display artist to the individual artists.
All other fields which support (sensibly) multiple values should already allow editing with multiple values without using the splitter

jrlx

Thanks for pointing out the latest modifications. However, I'm afraid I didn't make myself clear. What I was asking for is a list of already existing values when inputing data in any of the tag fields, including tag fields in the splitter windows.

For instance, when I want to enter "Baroque" in the genre field, I only have to type "B" and a list with all values starting by "B" already in use in the Library appears immediately. However, if I do this inside the splitter window no list of existing values appears. It would be very useful if this list is also implemented in splitter windows, in order to minimise typing and ensure coherence.

Hopefully this time I managed to explain myself clearly.

Thanks for your extremely fast replies!  :)

Blinghound

I would also really appreciate this feature as well - especially in the splitter windows. It would allow faster multiple artist input with less chances for accidental duplicate artists, e.g. R.E.M AND R.E.M. (an additional full stop).

Thank you

MechTa

I would also like to throw in my vote for this awesome capability, thanks.

Steven

• Administrator

cartman005

Is this implemented yet? I am running 1.2.4133 but when I put a semicolon in a multivalue field, I don't get suggestions.

Steven

• Administrator
the auto-list when editing multiple values is only supported in the tag splitter window (just click the ... button)