Author Topic: [Unintended/Undesired Behavior?] Removing a device hides tabs  (Read 679 times)

telmer6

Not sure if this is supposed to happen, but it's rather obnoxious IMHO.

Summary: When browsing a removable device, which is then disconnected, MusicBee hides the tab upon its next startup.

Steps to reproduce:
    1) Navigate to a removable device (e.g. MTP, Thumb Drive, etc.) in a MusicBee tab
    2 (Not required)) Close MusicBee
    3) Remove device
    4) Reopen MusicBee; the tab that browsed to the removable device is now hidden
    5) Remount the removable device; the tab reappears. This occurs based on conditions I do not fully understand.

Desired behavior: I understand the desire to remove tabs showing content that cannot be acted upon (such as a removed drive), but when the tab is not used exclusively for that purpose (I use one tab for browsing my library and removable drives), its disappearance is a pain. What would make more sense to me from a UX perspective would be to either default tabs back to a specific view (e.g. "Music") when the viewed path is no longer available, or spawn a new tab specifically for removable drives. I think the former would be easier to implement and use.

Specs:
    - MusicBee 3.3.7075
    - Windows 10 Pro (10.0.1713 x64)

Steven

• Administrator
yes that is the behaviour i would expect
Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 07:09:47 AM by Steven