Author Topic: What Happened To The Status Bar?  (Read 2071 times)

Dryst

With previous installations of MusicBee, there was a status bar at the very bottom showing text only.  It would show information related to its processing.  This seems to be gone now in version 3.2.6902.

I selected the option to Rescan All Files in my library.  It started doing this activity, but it showed no information about it.  I waited some time then attempted to close MusicBee.  I got messages about tasks still running and decided to let it finish.  However, I had no idea when it would be completed.

I checked all options and do not see a way to bring this status bar back.  Can anyone tell me where it went?

phred

• Global Moderator
In all my years of using MB I can't recall a time when the wasn't a status bar. Can you post a screenshot please showing the entire window?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

What screen/tab were you on?  I noticed last night I was in a view I'd never used before (Artist Picture in Now Playing), and I had to go to Customize Panel...Status Bar = Show to turn that on even though it was on in other areas.  Apparently, it was overridden to be "Hide" in that view.  Try looking for a setting like that in the panel you're using.

The overall setting is in Edit->Edit Preferences->Layout(1)...bottom panel: status bar: show summary stat

Dryst

I do have bottom panel, Show Summary Statistics checkbox checked off.  I am not seeing a status bar text I have seen at the bottom.  Here is a screen shot:

I always use Now Playing with cover art showing in a large image.

frankz

Again, go into "Arrange Panels" for the view you're in and...

Dryst

For anyone else wondering where this status text went, here is how you get to these options: