Author Topic: Storage folder setting  (Read 4934 times)

redwing

Created a virtual device in C:\temp
and Music template is Music\<Artist>\<Disc-Track#> - <Title>

Deleted C:\temp\Music folder

Then when syncing, preview works fine, but upon hitting sync button, error pops up saying "The storage folder C:\temp\Music no longer exists and may need to be changed in the device sync preferences."

If I create the Music sub-folder manually, then it works fine. Is this expected?

Steven

• Administrator
why is this logged as a bug? that sounds perfectly correct from the way you have described it

redwing

Why do I have to create Music sub-folder manually when it's already set in the template?

Steven

• Administrator
because on portable devices, that can indicate a more serious problem so i decided to make it an error and let the user create it or at least investigate the issue

redwing

OK. I see your point. But many users will be confused by the message without knowing what to do.

redwing

Maybe it could show an alert icon for the music template when it needs to be edited manually.

landmark

Note: I got this error after Android system update renamed my SD card. (I think) I solved it by going to Edit > Preferences, finding the device and renaming the disk. It didn't work when doing it from the Devices part of the file tree. There, MusicBee wouldn't save the new name.

michelrivolta

I was experiencing the same issue, I tried several path and options and nothing seems to work, same message all the time. Android device has not changed its original path (root/sdcard/) so I don't know what else I can do, really appreciate any help since I 've lost my whole pixel music library.

SimonZ

Yup, this certainly was confusing the hell out of me. Added the Music folder, and bam, everything's working as it should. I was creating a virtual device on my NAS which I plan to sync with my phone
, as I couldn't get MB to sync with my phone directly. The virtual device is currently being populated with my playlists, and hopefully this will be a more stable way to get music onto my phone.