Author Topic: Is it possible to not have MusicBee do any sorting at all?  (Read 809 times)

panckanak

My music folder is sorted by Date created, but there is no such option in MB. This is how it's sorted in my folder whilst the closest thing I could get in MB is this i.e. by Date modified. If you look at the third item in the MB screenshot I linked, you'll see that there's a track there that isn't in the first screenshot. It's because I changed the name of the track. I'd like it to not sort by anything and just have display the tracks the way the folder is sorted. I don't know if I've overlooked something, but I can't seem to find an option to disable sorting.

Edit: before you say there's an option to sort by date added, it's not what I'm looking for. It'll sort by the date the file was added to MB and not created on my PC.

panckanak

Sorry but I'm still a bit confused as to how I'm going to do it. How am I supposed to copy the date created values of the files?

redwing

If you install Additional Tagging Tools plugin and run "copy tag" command with "<Date Created>" field as source tag and a custom tag as target tag, it will copy the value to the selected files.

redwing

I'll tell you the other two ways as well.

-  Run Advanced search and replace command and import all presets. Now find "toy: copy tag" preset and set date created and a custom tag as source/target tag. And tick the box in front of the preset in the preset list for auto applying. Now date created will be auto-copied if new tracks are added to the library.

- Now find "assign virtual tag function id" box from the preset window. Add some id like "created". Then go to Tags (1) of preferences and click on Define New Tags button. Create a virtual tag with the following formula:

Code
$ASR(<URL>,created)
If you add the virtual tag column to the main panel, it shows date created value without having to copy or auto-copy the tag value to files. If you're gonna use this way, untick the auto-apply box in front of the preset since you don't need to copy the value to the custom tag.