Author Topic: is there a way to drag an album directly to usb drive?  (Read 2044 times)

badwhip

i want to be able to drag an album from the artist screen by dragging the album to the external usb drive and copy all its content. right now when i do that it copy’s the music files but doesn’t keep it in its folder so all the files get combined. thanks

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You can probably set this up as device, or at least a virtual device, and then you can tell it exactly how you want the files organized at the destination. You can drag & drop to the device instead of the drive.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

badwhip

not sure how to do that i was hoping it was a setting i could change. i guess not

redwing

If you want to keep its original folder structure, you should copy the folder from the left navigator, not the album from the main panel.

Select the album from the main panel> right click> Search...> Locate in Computer node

Then you will be at the folder node of the album in the left navigator. Right click on the folder> Copy. Go to the drive/folder you want to copy to and right click on it> select "Paste".