Author Topic: Tags  (Read 1280 times)

Spanish Red

I have to admit to being very impressed with this music player. As a newbie it is very easy to use and understand. I am, however, having one problem. I have transferreed all of my music files into MusiBee and everything is fine except for anything by The Mamas and the Papas. There seems to be a problem with the tags as I keep getting the message that they are incorrect in the "Now Playing" tab, (a photo of the band does appear). I have tried using several different copies of the same song/album but the message is always the same.I have also tried auto tagging both the album and the individual tracks but the problem persists.

Any help/solution would be appreciated

Thanks

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

When you say a message, what do you mean? That's not familiar to me. Can you give us a screenshot?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

Looks like a bug. Music Explorer's profile page shows their bio correctly while now playing bio panel says it's an incorrect tag.

@Steven;
Could it be about the same "&" "and" in artist name issue?

Spanish Red

I don't think so because I've tried with both versions of "and"

Steven

• Administrator
yes i think it is related to last.fm's treatment of "and" and "&". I have made a change for the next v3.3 update to detect the "Incorrect tags" message

redwing

This is interesting. I noticed it still displays "incorrect tags" even with a new patch. I checked other artists who have "&" in their name, and the bio panel works just fine for any of them.

So I tried variants of "The Mamas & the Papas" and it finally showed their bio with "The Mama's & the Papa's". But Music Explorer's profile isn't working with that name.

Steven

• Administrator
So I tried variants of "The Mamas & the Papas" and it finally showed their bio with "The Mama's & the Papa's". But Music Explorer's profile isn't working with that name.
All bio data is retrieved by the same function. It was probably already cached before the change. For the next v3.3 update it will also check the cached data and retry if it has the "Incorrect tag ..." message

redwing

It works now. But I had to delete their bio cache manually from InternalCache\ArtistData.

Spanish Red

Well guys, whatever the reason I now have it working having changed the band name to The Mama's and the Papa's as suggested.
Thanks for all your assists, much appreciated

redwing

It works now with "The Mamas & the Papas" if 2 things are done:

- Apply the latest patch: https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip (overwrite included files to your MB program folder)
- Go to AppData\InternalCache\ArtistData folder and remove all bio cache files of the band.

Then restart MB.
Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 04:09:46 PM by redwing