Author Topic: Last.fm sync does not always retrieve all play counts  (Read 1477 times)

chinolatino

When I start up MusicBee (3.2.6902, I have the Windows Store version), it occasionally does not retrieve all the play counts from Last.fm. I thought maybe it was only getting a certain number of records, or only from a certain date, but I haven't been able to determine a pattern. Today the Recently Played playlist only had 6 of the 11 tracks I listened to today on my phone. Running Sync Play Count from Last.fm from the menu doesn't help. Sometimes I will have a discrepancy because the metadata in Last.fm doesn't match Musicbee, but that doesn't appear to be the case here.

It doesn't seem to have play count problems if I listen to the tracks in Musicbee, so I've been playing the missing tracks in Musicbee and deleting the missing scrobbles in Last.fm. I set up a lot of playlists to rotate in and out music based on last played, so it's annoying.

This is some strange behavior I've only noticed in the past month or two. It was working normally prior to that.

chinolatino

Is it OK to bump this? It's still occurring, maybe Last.fm changed something on their end. Seems to retrieve only scrobbles for the last 24 hours or so.

frankz

This is not happening for me.  I get scrobbles and play counts for a long time back, and they're all there.  

If you close musicbee, delete users/*yourname*/appdata/local/musicbee/internalcache/LastFmPlayCountCache.dat, and reopen musicbee, it will (after some time) re-download your entire available last.fm history.

EDIT: I see you're on the Windows Store version (boo).  I don't know where the file is for that version.  Maybe the same place maybe not.

The only reason I can think of why it wouldn't pick up the play data is if you change the metadata it needs to locate the song in your library in between the scrobble and the sync.  It would have no way to find the item in your library, obviously, if that's the case, because the item you told it you played does not exist any more.
Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 01:10:01 AM by frankz

chinolatino

Thanks frankz, I will give it a shot.

EDIT: yeah, I always have to go hunt for it. haha. it's under c:\users\{username}\AppData\Local\Packages\{packageID}
Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 01:12:24 AM by chinolatino