Author Topic: Auto-Tagger  (Read 34035 times)

Steven

• Administrator
this includes an extra search field in the album-autotagger for track title:
http://www.mediafire.com/?geea5i6bh297oek

its filled in automatically if you are tagging just one track

VX

Steven, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR IMPLEMENTING THE FEATURE  :) That was something I really miss in MB.

While testing it I found one minor bug and I have two small feature requests. The screenshot seems to explain it all, but if You need any extra feedback (for fixing the bug if possible or so), just let me know.

The reason why I don't want number of tracks on the disc to be specified automatically after the  selection is that very often you don't have all the tracks form the album and  the track number is wrong. I had to delete the number manually all the time.

Thanks for inspecting  :)

Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 06:42:04 PM by VX

Steven

• Administrator
it cant make an exact match on the title - "Against All Odds" in the original title is not the same as the one from the retrieved album

VX

Ah yes, You are right  :) And what about the suggested improvements  ???

Steven

• Administrator
dont agree - i think most people using this function will have complete albums and it greatly reduces the number of matches

Steven

• Administrator
one thing i could do is if the highest track number of the selected files is greater than the number of tracks selected then it doesnt populate the 2 search fields

VX

one thing i could do is if the highest track number of the selected files is greater than the number of tracks selected then it doesnt populate the 2 search fields

What does it really mean??? (I don't understand the result of this improvement I'm afraid). And what about entering more than one track titles to search (let's say up to 3) ???

VX

7. One more improvement suggestion for Tagging tools:

Replace: Tools /Tagging Tools / Show Files with Missing Tags with Show Files with Tags to Edit

You mentioned once that You are going to implement similar feature for Artwork, but my suggestion is more general.
Let 'Show Files with Missing Artwork/Lyrics' remain as the options work great and are very useful, but all other inconsistencies in tags should be moved to the new menu entry 'Show Files with Tags to Edit'.

The main advantage of this solution would be that a user could determine by oneself the criteria to include the Tracks to Edit. It could be based on tag ratings, assigned to all tracks in the Library automatically in consideration of the score for every tag value/field.

For example:
Total score for perfectly rated track would be 100 points = max value after summing up all the partial components scores.

One of the partial components could be Lyrics - weight - 10 points, but 0 points when there is no lyrics for the track, and 5 points when there are some mistakes in the text (specified by the user manually)
Another could be  Artwork - weight - 15 points, but
                              - max 8 if Artwork size is less than specified by the user;
                              - 0 - when there is no Artwork for the track (assigned automatically with MB based on tag values).

Another component could be Year, Album Title - 10 points if the tag field is updated, and 0 if not.
And so on.

Compare how it works with Rapid Tagger (freeware):

User could choose easily, which tag inconsistencies are most important for him to fix by assigning higher rating score to selected tag values/fields. If an Artwork size is less than a value specified by the user, the track would score less in Tag/Artwork field, but it would still be included to edition alongside tracks with no Artwork.

I know that the screenshot doesn't fully cover the idea, but I think it could be inspiring.
Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 10:27:24 AM by VX

boroda

VX, do you really want to edit tags in a similar way? I think there is no support for solving of differential equations in MB too  :)
Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 10:44:54 AM by boroda74

VX

Supposing all tag ratings score is assigned automatically with MB in consideration of the score for every tag value/field, the function is worth considering IMHO.

Manual edition of certain tag fields score should be possible, most users wouldn't use this option very often though.
But it could be useful:
if you would like to replace a Lyrics or an Artwork in the future (when a better one is available)  you could decrease the score so that the track would be shown when you choose "Show Tracks with Tags to Edit" option.

The feature could be complementary to the solution existing in MB.
Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 11:01:49 AM by VX

boroda

Maybe you're right. I don't need it  and do not think that it will slowdown MB so its all up to Steven.

Nixander

this includes an extra search field in the album-autotagger for track title:
http://www.mediafire.com/?geea5i6bh297oek

its filled in automatically if you are tagging just one track

!!! so great, thanks steve!!!

antiPOP

I hope you'll add FreeDB for a genre tag before public release.

Steven

• Administrator
it should already be doing that - it gets the genre from the same source as the other metadata, so if the metadata comes from freedb then so does the genre. Only when there is no genre does it additionally try discogs and last.fm (if you have them enabled in the Tags(2) preferences). That was done a few weeks ago

antiPOP

Well, it's doesn't work that way. Here is the proof.

Tags for the same album retrieved by FreeDB tagger in foobar:

The correct genre tag is "hardcore"

Unfortunately Auto-tagger in MB still can't find tags for some albums, one example:

foobar doesn't have any problem

So, if foobar2000 can find the proper tags in freedb, why MB isn't able to find too? I've checked few times, so isn't not a temporary problem.

EDIT: I've removed artist name from Auto-Tagger and MB found the tags but without Artist Album tag.

Artist Album tag causes the problem, there should be two fields for the Artist tag. One, just "Artist" field for album of one artist and the second "Artist Album" filed for Various Artist albums.
Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 07:02:21 PM by antiPOP