Author Topic: Auto-Tagger  (Read 33335 times)

VX

Unfortunately Auto-tagger in MB still can't find tags for some albums, one example(...)
So, if foobar2000 can find the proper tags in freedb, why MB isn't able to find too? I've checked few times, so isn't not a temporary problem.

Auto-Tagger is definitely much better with the recent updates than it was a few weeks ago. Thanks, Steven, btw  :) But I must admit that I can't find metadata for some albums. I described the problem in this topic
Some users confirmed that there are Albums and Artists that are tagged properly only with Discogs service, which is currently not supported for retrieving metadata with Auto-Tagger.

It seems that setting Discogs as a fall-back service for Auto-Tagger would solve the problem, at least partially. What I can see in Your post is that improving FreeDB support would bring better results too.

But don't worry and forget about it for a while - the new STABLE and BUG-FREE version is to be released    :)

Steven

• Administrator
Well, it's doesn't work that way. Here is the proof.
i'll look into when i get some time but i can tell you now that foobar works a bit differently in that it calculates the disc id where as MB currently does as artist/ album search. So its possible MB found a different entry in freedb to foobar - one without a genre and so then looked up discogs or last.fm.
I do plan at some point to create a disc id calculation but its no so straight-foward and in fact i wonder whether foobar would work with albums where there is a gap offset on the first track.

Steven

• Administrator
antiPop, i've just checked your example and its as i say. In this case freedb has 2 matching entries with the first having a genre of Polka and the second Hardcore.
Foobar is calculating a disc id which is why it could match the correct one

antiPOP

Ok. Steven, thanks for explanation.

Steven

• Administrator
still not the same as foobar, but now it returns both matches for cases like this one:
http://www.mediafire.com/?qy9o0ydyupuit8o
Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 08:14:53 AM by Steven

VX

MusicBee Auto-Tagger is getting better and better with every release !
I think the Auto-Tagger is one of the best tools available with MusicBee Manager.

Thank you very much, Steven for all the effort you've made to create and maintain this awesome tool  :)