Author Topic: Saving synced and unsynced lyrics seperately  (Read 1148 times)

NetherKing1357

Is there an option to embed unsynced lyrics to the file, while saving synced lyrics separately as an .lrc file?

As an additional, not as important question does anyone have a good source for synced lyrics for English, Spanish, Japanese, Korean or Indian songs?

phred

• Global Moderator
I haven't tried in quite some time, but I'm pretty sure MB allows you to save lyrics as a text file OR have them embedded. You can not do both. Even if it's the same format.

MiniLyrics is just about the only place for synced lyrics these days. It does work with MB.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

As phred said, MiniLyrics is key to this.  You'll set MB to save lyrics to the file (Edit->Edit Preferences->Tags(1)...lyrics storage and then Edit->Edit Preferences->Tags(2)... check off both auto-retrieve and auto-save (if desired)).  That'll take care of the unsynced lyrics.

Then download/configure MiniLyrics save to a file and the MinLyrics Helper plugin for MB to read from those files.
Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 02:57:26 PM by frankz

NetherKing1357

As phred said, MiniLyrics is key to this.  You'll set MB to save lyrics to the file (Edit->Edit Preferences->Tags(1)...lyrics storage and then Edit->Edit Preferences->Tags(2)... check off both auto-retrieve and auto-save (if desired)).  That'll take care of the unsynced lyrics.

Then download/configure MiniLyrics save to a file and the MinLyrics Helper plugin for MB to read from those files.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that out

Edit: And it works perfectly, thank you!
Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 03:14:28 PM by NetherKing1357