Author Topic: Deleting folders from library  (Read 1231 times)

tarkus

I have a 1Tb HDD (let's name it H) the contents of which are part of my music library. I moved the contents of that folder (i.e. HDD) to new 5Tb HDD (let's name it I), i.e. merged them with the contents of the new HDD (named I in our example) which was already a part of my library. In order to add the new contents of the new HDD (I) (i.e update my library), I want to erase all files from the old HDD (H in our example). Selecting and delete them individually, from the library, is not an option because there are thousands of them. I assume that the musicbee library database has all the data of the physical location of it's files, so how can I isolate all files from a certain folder (physical location) and delete them from the library? To start a new library is tedious and, anyway, this file re-location happens every now and then - I don't think that starting a new library is the proper thing to do when copying a large number of files to another location (HDD).

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
You should be able to go to File> Library> Relink Music File Paths
and map your old file paths on the H: drive to the new file path in the I: drive.
This would effectively clear any old library database info and transfer it to the moved files.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together