Author Topic: Website Issues (Internal Server Error)  (Read 8495 times)

Steven

• Administrator
This has been an on-going thing for a long time but it seems to me its got very much worse of late, to the point where the forum is almost unusable. I have reported it to the website hosting company but based on past experience I am not hopeful they will help.

I am afraid I dont know what more I can do about this and it is quite a negative for me to have to deal with this along with the other stresses, and its a negative for people trying to use the forum. If it doesnt improve by itself in the next few days, I might have to call it a day.

phred

• Global Moderator
The increase in the number of appearances started for me about a week ago. When it appears, I have to 'refresh' about 4-6 times before the page loads correctly.

Is there another hosting service that might be more reliable?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

sveakul

Ditto here to what phred described--started getting more noticeable about a week ago, but today is particularly bad.  Hopefully it's a "reverse peak" and whatever the hosting service is screwing up is affecting ALL customers to the extent that they may get serious about fixing it.

frankz

It's bad in the last day or two, but we don't seem to have suffered a lack of posts because of it.  Couple of refreshes and it's fine for the most part. Please don't let it get to you or cause you stress - we're fine out here.

frankz

Is there another hosting service that might be more reliable?
FWIW I've always had good luck with HostGator, but I'm sure any site I've ever run had infinitesimal traffic compared to this.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
What would need to happen to improve it? A new hosting company? I am willing to help out however I can.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
What would need to happen to improve it? A new hosting company? I am willing to help out however I can.
@Steven... no need to answer this if you don't want to... how much is the monthly cost for your web host? How much would a new (hopefully better) cost? I'm thinking we can chip in and set things going smoothly again.
Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 08:44:20 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
To move to dedicated hosting would cost $100+ per month so its quite a lot.
Also moving to a different host isnt just a case of choosing another - there is the actual migration that would need to be planned for and executed, with the associated risks of things going wrong.

phred

• Global Moderator
Unfortunately I'm more than familiar with the "if something can go wrong, it will go wrong" theory.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
I am investigating upgrading to a new plan priced at $50 per month which I think can be covered by donations I receive.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
I am investigating upgrading to a new plan priced at $50 per month which I think can be covered by donations I receive.

Happy to make small donation(s) but don't really want PayPal connected to my account - any other payment methods available?
Regards: Freddy

Pingaware

It has been an issue on and off for a while but does indeed seem to have spiked recently. As someone (phred maybe, can't be arsed to scroll up) said though, multi-refreshes will usually fix it and I imagine most of us are okay with this situation. Will chuck in a donation later this month to help cover the costs for any new plan.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

AvikB

for less than 50$ per month there are lots of other good hosting solution. I looked up Lunarpages cloud hosting plan and they are pretty expensive compared to the competition.
Also their customer service is less than stellar.

I am using Hostinger(domain and email) for my own personal domain. and their customer service is pretty good. Also they have really amazing sales.

To move to dedicated hosting would cost $100+ per month so its quite a lot.
Also moving to a different host isnt just a case of choosing another - there is the actual migration that would need to be planned for and executed, with the associated risks of things going wrong.

I don't think dedicated server is needed. I would suggest moving to different hosting provider though.
We can test out the website move and if everything goes well we can migrate the data then. It will take some planning but it might be worth it.

Lunarpage's plans looks ridiculously expensive.  The startup plan(cloud hosting) of hostinger is 25$(without any discount) which provide the same cpu core and more ram than lunarpages  :-\ 

Steven

• Administrator
I have proceeded with the scalable cloud plan and should be migrated in the next couple of days. I will let you know when i have been advised the migration has started - I suspect we may lose new forum posts that are done during that migration period.

Steven

• Administrator
The new server is now active.
As mentioned, all posts since yesterday afternoon UK time have been lost.