Author Topic: (Version 3.1) Spotify Integration Plugin  (Read 74462 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
No one responds to the fact that this is broken.
The plugin developer has stated that he's quite busy with life. Then he said "I'll try to make some time to fix it today." The key word is "try."

I've posted my analysis on the source code. You've done none of that.
Correct.

What have you contributed towards any other plugins? Any other plugin? Have you coded anything?
No, I haven't. Because I don't pretend to be a developer.
Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 07:13:35 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here.

zkhcohen

Appreciate your time. Any luck on getting the plugin to work?

No, I caught COVID and now I'm behind on work.

hiccup

Any luck on getting the plugin to work?
No, I caught COVID and now I'm behind on work.
Good luck, I wish you regain your health soon.

And please don't feel pressured by the nasty comments in this thread to do something, or reveal anything about your personal situation.
They don't deserve that, nor do they need to know such details.

Redearth

I've actually tried developing for and against these plugins.
I've posted my analysis on the source code. You've done none of that.
Correct.
Quote from: Redearth
What have you contributed towards this, or any other plugin? What have you contributed towards any other plugins? Any other plugin? Have you coded anything?
No, I haven't. Because I don't pretend to be a developer.
Thanks, sorta think we're done here.

I've tried posting things I thought would help and I was reprimanded/attacked.

I responded each time. And each time there was pretense that I initiated the exchange. Then I responded, and responded.
Responses became continuations. It doesn't end, and it seems like it will never end.

There seems to be some pretense where I am the "troll". I have only defended myself and working plugins on this forum.
This forum seems to give a purpose to some. I've no issue with that. But this culture leads to worse plugins and is resistant to to new users.

The focus should be on users of MusicBee, not forum members.
It isn't as complicated as some make it out to be.
Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 08:45:55 AM by Redearth

zkhcohen

So... there are a number of issues here, but the big blocker is that MusicBee doesn't seem to support .NET 6.0, which the Spotify C# API is supporting going forward.

I upgraded the project, tested, and it didn't even appear in the options.

I'll try to fix the old version, but I'm not going to invest a lot of time since the API is now beyond support, and is likely to change in the next year.

---

EDIT: I'm not able to replicate any the issues that are being reported with the old version. Maybe this is simply an issue with people not following the instructions and copying all of the .dlls to the plugins folder? The config button doesn't do anything. Add the Spotify plugin to your side panel and click on it to authenticate with your Spotify account.

---

EDIT 2: Here's a video of me demonstrating that it works. I admit, there are some issues with clicking/updating that could be sorted out. This was written a long time ago, and these issues weren't present at the time.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HDB4lidXQvQOR7zYm0PUpnf5oSXWhsyo/view?usp=sharing
Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 06:49:07 PM by zkhcohen

raalaps

Hey can you please guide how exactly i need to extract and the location in order to use use this plugin.

please help